pfefd

Drapery color?

pfefd
7 år sedan
Our condo living/dining room has a green distressed wood tv stand, mink/charcoal couch, tannish dining chairs, a glass table and painting pictured (which is currently hung too high!) ...area rug we have purchased is in colours and design attached . What color curtains do you suggest? Thanks

Kommentarer (11)

• emmarene9
    7 år sedan

I agree with Darzy. I would also like to see the curtains in a fabric with more texture.

pfefd thanked emmarene9
  • pfefd
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thank you for the suggestions, I was thinking of a more muted blue??
  • havingfun
    7 år sedan

i always like white on a window

Elrene Home Fashions Murano Window Curtain Panel & Reviews | Wayfair · Mer info
    Diamond Grommet Curtain Panel | Joss & Main · Mer info

Buy Sorong Printed Cotton Curtain, Drapes · Mer info

Blue Kashvi Crinkle Sheer Voile Curtains Set of 2 | World Market · Mer info

Houndstooth Blackout Rod Pocket Curtain Panel in Gray | Joss & Main · Mer info

Curtains & Drapes | Wayfair · Mer info

but colors can be dramatic too

pfefd thanked havingfun
  • PRO
    Design Everest
    7 år sedan

White/Green.

pfefd thanked Design Everest
  • User
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Looks like a tricky window, or it actually looks like a sliding glass door. I would get a professional to come out and measure. I agree with Darzy that you want to do something custom and very tailored. From the picture you posted, it is hard to see where you would hang the rod. A professional could help you with that.

I think one of the colors from your art or perhaps the same color of the wall might be pretty but it is really hard to see, since the picture you posted is dark.

pfefd thanked User
  • pfefd
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thanks for all the helpful advice.
    One other question- should the drapes go all the way to the floor or until the frame as the sheers currently are ? Thanks!
  • havingfun
    7 år sedan

if you hang them in front of the doors- to the floor.

• PRO
    Gordon's Window Decor
    7 år sedan

TO THE FLOOR! Perhaps doing a heavier panel in a grey flannel(ish) type fabric with LIGHT and airy sheers underneath.

Or perhaps some lovely linen in a very trendy "Poised taupe".(Sherwin Williams color of the year for 2017)

I personally wouldn't add any patterns with your drapery fabric choice. The room is SO beautifully 'clean'. Let the art stand for itself. The design of your space just needs some delish fabric added.

• PRO
    L & L Window Fashions
    7 år sedan

If you are planning on keeping the artwork for awhile, I would definitely go with a shade of blue to compliment the artwork.

• PRO
    Kaleidoscope Color Consulting
    7 år sedan

If you have pets or children, I'd suggest 1/4" Above Finished Floor (AFF).

Color - I'd suggest a deep color taken from the art (agree w/above advice) or your distressed green - I'd look at a greenish, blueish, charcoalish color fabric...sorry if that doesn't make sense when written but I can see it in my head. lol

Wishing you a brightly colored day! good Luck

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.