amylove81

Living room arrangement help

Amy Rosario
7 år sedan
The living room is long and narrow, with 1 main entrance and another entrance into the dining/kitchen area. the 2 doorways are diagonal with a fireplace and a picture window. The room is large enough to make 2 separate spaces. I would like the room to look intimate and connected. I would like to place a TV in the room but not sure how without hiding the fireplace or making the room look awkward...

Kommentarer (4)

• Amy Rosario
    Författare
    7 år sedan

My husband is making his own project with completing the fireplace

• Amy Rosario
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Want recommendations on furniture that maximize the space available and provide the most seating possible

• Amy Rosario
    Författare
    7 år sedan

I was wondering about where the TV would go since the doorway flow is diagonal and the fireplace is on one end of this long rectangular room.

If there were 2 spaces to create from this room, what would you recommend for the space in front of the entrance doorway?

• PRO
    Meddock Interiors
    7 år sedan

Hi Amy! Not sure if you've figured out a space plan yet?

These would be my recommendations :)

SPACE 1: living room

- sectional or couch about mid-way between the fireplace wall and adjacent wall (couch facing fireplace)

- 2 large accent chairs on each side of the fireplace (positioned a few feet from the wall) .... OR .... if you go with a sectional and the space can accommodate it, position the accent chairs facing the window with the curtain which will create a sort of boxed in shape between the chairs and the couch (maybe use smaller accent chairs here)

- large area rug that covers the entire floor surface within the couch/sectional and accent chair space (most likely going to be a 8x10 or 10x14)

- wall mount the tv above the fireplace, maybe put a sconce on each side or decorate the mantle with small synthetic plants

- incorporate a small coffee table or ottoman(s) for drink space

SPACE 2: office/library nook

- small streamline desk on the wall facing the front door. Keep the surface simple with accessories; try to store as much possible inside cabinets or drawers

- open shelves or attractive artwork on the wall above the desk

- tall palm or accent tree to heighten the space and add color

- tall open shelving attached to the wall where the 2nd door is (faces the fireplace); incorporate pretty baskets for storage, decorative pieces, organize books journals etc, display artwork or photos

- spruce up this nook with accent paint or wallpaper (adhesive wood panels are another great option; white shiplap style or reclaimed rustic style... lots to chose from!)

I hope this is helpful! Have fun!!

Xo Summer

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.