jayme_purinton

Full shed dormer on brick house - need clapboard color ideas.

Jayme Purinton
7 år sedan

I am in the process of having a shed dormer installed on my red brick 1940's Cape Cod style house. The dormer will be 35' with a rubber roof, and will go across nearly the entire back side of the house (minus 2' on each side). I am looking for advice on exterior paint colors for the clapboard siding. The overhang is going to stay.

Kommentarer (5)

• apaquin25
    7 år sedan

Pull one of the darker gray shades from the red bricks on the first level. That will make a nice impact on the second story.

Jayme Purinton thanked apaquin25
  • PRO
    User
    7 år sedan

There are so many ways to go, which is probably why you've posed the question. Here are a few options that I favor:

(pale grey with white trim)

Redlands Avenue · Mer info

(sage green with white trim)

Traditional Exterior · Mer info

More contrast (charcoal with white trim)

Custom Craftsman Home Exterior · Mer info

Really depends on whether you want more contrast or something more subtle. Hope these help!

Jayme Purinton thanked User
  • Jayme Purinton
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks so much! I do like the greys, and especially the contrast. It will look a bit like a wall on a wall (with windows, of course), so I think bold colors could give it some personaility.

• PRO
    Cool Flat Roofing MA
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

I'd highly recommend wide exposure Hardie Siding in beige or some "darker" to complement the brick.

Or something like this (Hardie Shingle)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 år sedan

Another color suggestion which works well with your brick color is B.M Horizon Gray. Close to the photo Cool Flat Roofing posted, but a bit darker and grayer.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.