kateevos

Small bathroom mirror suggestions

kateevos
7 år sedan

We are renovating our small bathroom and in order to have two spaces for preening, I'd like to put mirrors on opposite walls (one over the sink and one over a shelf with towel bars below). Is this a terrible idea? There is a window above the tub/ shower, facing west. Please help!

Kommentarer (15)

• PRO
    Allan Carter Cabinetmaking
    7 år sedan

Apart from creating the two preening areas, mirrors on both walls will also give the illusion of greater size in the bathroom. Keep lines simple and make sure the mirrors are the same size and directly opposite each other. If possible extend the mirror from above the LHS basin edge far over to the corner wall above the WC.

• kateevos
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks Allan! I've seen examples of mirrors above the WC, but I was under the impression that men didn't like that.

• pjbleus
    7 år sedan
    Have you considered how you'll use the space? Can two people use the space at the same time? Ie back to back? Could you have one very large mirror going over the basin and the wc? Have you considered a large mirror on the back of the door? Have you considered how the setting western sun will hit the mirrors?
  • Swa Neee
    7 år sedan

Hi Kateevos, i am I'm the process of planning my small narrow bathroom reno. Here are some ideas that may help

I am having the whole wall above the towel rail mirrored, similar to this but mirror is from wall to doorway wide.

above the sink (which is opposite the towel rail in my bathroom, very similar to your plan) i am trying to choose something that will reflect like a picture in the big mirror, something like this

or this

so it is a feature that can be added to/changed

• Lejla Buza
    7 år sedan

Not a terrible idea at all. I placed two mirrors across each other in our small bathroom. The mirrors are not of the same width but are the same design and at the same height to maintain simplicity. One narrow mirror above the basin, same width as the basin and tall enough so that our tallest family member at 2m can see their face. The WC also sits next to the basin but I did not want to extend the mirror from the basin. The wall space above the WC allowed for decorative items, eg artwork; narrow display shelf to add interest and texture. Directly opposite the basin and WC is a wide cabinet, and a large mirror to cover that width of cabinet and at the same height as the basin mirror. This mirror also reflects the artwork above the WC. It reflects so much more light and creates a wonderful feeling of space.

• olldroo
    7 år sedan

Hanayuki's thoughts are the same as mine. The shaving cabinets are absolutely brilliant and hold so much at a perfect height to be able to just grab things as needed. If you are having power points installed near the vanity they can go inside the cabinet too to keep them out of sight. I think having the mirrors opposite is a great idea - how often do we need to check the back of our hairstyle.

• Bernadette Staal
    7 år sedan

mirrors are always an added bonus ..... put in as many as you wish / can.

• Jacinta O'Brien
    7 år sedan
    If you like it and want it, why not! It'll bounce light around as well.
  • siriuskey
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Agree with Hanayuki, these cabinets are brilliant, they can be recessed into the stud wall and installed as far across the wall as you would like. Look Great and great storage, and from Bunnings affordable.

• oklouise
    7 år sedan

my best idea for preening is to have a shallow medicine cabinet (preferably installed inside the walls) and wide enough to have three hinged mirrored doors with the two outside doors hinged on the inside edge so the mirrors reflect each other (and the back and side of my head) and can be angled closer for applying make up etc two similar medicine cabinets on opposite walls or one medicine cabinet on one wall and a framed fixed mirror on the opposite or at right angles on the wall alongside and/or above the toilet, all make perfect sense to me...Aim to have all the mirrors the same height although widths could vary and hang a plant in front of the mirror if the boys object to watching themselves but i would expect my three men would take the opportunity to check themselves out, just like us girls

• steve davies
    7 år sedan

I would put a full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door as you have the room to stand back and admire.

• Kelly Quinn
    7 år sedan
    Hi Kateevos, I would not extend a mirror over the wc, as I dont think anyone wahts to see themselves peeing, but having two identical mirrors opposite eachothervis a good idea. Just make sure tge functionality is there; power points, storage etc. To keep costs down we go to a picture framer i b stead of buying massive fancy mirrors ftom designer stores. A framer will be heaps more affordable and you get to choose a finish/style that you may not be able to find in a store. Good luck!
  • PRO
    archimondo
    7 år sedan

Only comment - make sure you can not see yourself when you are in the shower - most disconcerting.

• siriuskey
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

ha ha,totally agree one of our bathrooms came with that, I try not to look. This shower was also annoyingly over a bath which had a large sliding window along one side (we think the architect hadn't allowed enough width for the shower so the window was added to give more space) On top of that we had to add a roller blind so that our neighbour wouldn't fall of his ladder, glass was frosted but when you have a light on! still trying to save money to re do the bathroom which includes a new window.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.