brigita_sesickiene

Love the chair! Where is it from? It is Scandinavian style?

My Houzz · Mer info

Kommentarer (2)

• PRO
    Interiortheque
    7 år sedan

Hi Brigita, this is the Butterfly chair designed by the Argentinian Jorge Ferrari Hardoy in 1939. It is not Scandi but Mid-century, which will still had a lot of interest if you're looking for something with a retro/vintage look. It used to be sold by Knoll, but they stopped it in 1950 as they couldn't protect the license and the chair just kept being replicated. If you can manage to get an original that would be a true gem, if not you can find them on ebay or Haus.

Haus

Ebay

Good luck!

• PRO
    Cuero Design
    7 år sedan
    Hi Birgita,

Yes, the chair was designed in Argentina and it was inspired by an older chair called Tripolina.

There are many manufacturers of the Butterfly Chair and we are one of them.

Every manufacturer has their own touch on the design and I can actually confirm that our chair is now definitely Scandinavian style after all the changes and adaptions we have made to the chair.

Our butterfly chairs are very popular throughout Scandinavia, and it is very likely that you will find one in a typical Swedish home.

I hope this helps :)

And here's a picture of our Swedish Butterfly Chair that we call Mariposa.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.