shopkin8

Organizing cabinet interiors.

Andryea
7 år sedan

We are updating our kitchen...replacing all the appliances and installing Ikea cabinets again. I used to have all shelves with only a handful of drawers and now it's the complete opposite...mostly drawers...shallow, medium and deep ones! I could use some help organizing. How have you organized your kitchen (Ikea) cabinet drawers and cabinets? Where do you store what and how?

Kommentarer (3)

• calidesign
    7 år sedan

I'm not familiar with Ikea ones, but deep drawers are excellent for pots and pans, medium drawers for glass dishes, serving bowls, etc, and shallow ones for utensils, saran wraps, spices, hotpads/towels. You may end up moving things a few times but you will love having drawers!

Andryea thanked calidesign
  • chiflipper
    7 år sedan

I use those dollar store plastic "office" trays in my shallow drawers for small items; peeler, melon baller, bottle opener, spatulas etc.. Bubble wrap / "rubber" shelf liner / cheap yoga mat for in between all my Pyrex pans. I've got my hand mixer and attachments in shoe box. My new kitchen has drawers in all the base cabinets except for the sink cabinet, SO worth the extra money.

Andryea thanked chiflipper
  • PRO
    Abundance Organizing
    7 år sedan

We like to create "zones" of grouped items based on activity (food prep- near the longest stretch of counter, food storage- near the fridge, cooking- near the range, etc) and locate where it makes sense based on kitchen layout. Use drawer dividers to keep smaller items organized. For cookware and storage containers with lids, stack/nest by shape, and store the lids separately (since you're already shopping there, IKEA has a great expandable pot lid organizer).

Andryea thanked Abundance Organizing
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.