henrithehorse

Soapstone

Patricia Scott
11 år sedan
This is so light. What type of soapstone is this? Thank you.
South Shore Gambrel · Mer info

Kommentarer (10)

• PRO
    Granite Grannies
    11 år sedan
    Your local fabricator will be able to show you different soapstones that are available from local suppliers. Soapstone names can be rather pointless since they are not consistent across suppliers. So even if you got the name, you'd still need to look at everything in order to find one that had the look you want. I recommend finding a fabricator who will let you custom purchase a slab or two after visiting different suppliers to find one you like.
  • bubblyjock
    10 år sedan
    Canadian soapstone, mined in Quebec, is generally lighter in colour than most soapstone seen in N America, which is nowadays mined mostly in Brazil. The Canadian soapstone is a little softer to the touch, but wears exceedingly well, and can be oiled for a darker colour.
  • bubblyjock
    10 år sedan
    @ diamondhill - forgot to add, the soapstone in this image does look very like Canadian soapstone, which is much greyer than the Brazilian stuff, which is more dark green. They're comparable for cost, go figure.
  • PRO
    Great Life RE
    10 år sedan
    Our soapstone is the same color. It is honed and is not oiled. The result is this lovely bluish gray color.
  • bobobobo
    10 år sedan
    Ours too is honed I believe and I did not oil it. I use Dawn dishwashing liquid to clean when there are splotches of olive oil or whatever. I love Belgian bluestone and I feel like I have that mood with this less veiny soapstone. Mark Landry at Landmark Services (Best of Houzz 2012?) knows what finish they used, but this soaptone is exceedingly low maintenance and easy to keep looking clean (ie. no rings or watermarks). I also hasn't not chipped due to softness even though it was 2 on the hardness scale.
  • Kathleen Whitmer
    10 år sedan
    What about water spots? I live out here in California and our water is solo hard. Does your soapstone show water rings and spots?
  • Ssss Sssd
    10 år sedan
    Hello, Where did you get your beautiful soapstone?
  • E L
    2 år sedan

Can you share the cabinet color? Love it with the soapstone!

• Lisa Colbert
    2 år sedan

what is the light you have above the sink?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.