riverside93

Need help for painting walls in my cottage

riverside93
7 år sedan

I have painted my cottage 23ft living room and hall up the stairs and above tallow F&B, but would like to paint walls as light as possible. Not PBW, I am warming to All White F&B, Shirting L&G or pointing. Decorator coming in a few days help! The room is north facing.

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    User
    7 år sedan

I agree that keeping the theme throughout a property with regards wall colour adds to the synergy and flow of the place. Our own cottage walls are all the same colour in every room. However, we accessorize with differrent accent colours that work well room to room.

Sticking to the warmer neutrals will help in the north facing rooms as the cooler ones can make them look colder. However, I believe that the accent colours can soon warm the cooler ones up.

White Tie by F&B is a good neutral tone to work with, and i prefer to paint skirtings, architraves and possibly the internal doors ( depending on type ) in all the same colour, which also adds to space and flow.

I'd highly recommend that you go for either Dulux and have the paint mixed to type in the same shade ie Emulsion for the Walls and Satinwood for the woodwork, or Valspar at B&Q ( used to be Crown ), infinitely better paint than F&B.

• PRO
    Deborah Hayward
    7 år sedan

I agree with man about the house, stick to warmer neutrals as pure white can look a bit cold in a large area, just off whites are great! Also accessories with warmer colours.

• riverside93
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thank you both so much as I am going to take your advice about using Dulux or Valspar.. this site comes into its own at times like this. I am trying to attach a photos of my kitchen that leads off the living room. I have Ivory Laura Ashley in kitchen, Pointing F &B in the spare bedroom and tallow F&B in the front room I am changing..

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.