sistacindy

Opinions please. Is this settee too big for my space?

Cindy
7 år sedan

I'm looking for a daybed, settee to place in front of my picture window. The window wall is 121 inches wide, The length from the front door to the window wall is 70 inches. I want something backless so it will not block the view of the lake.

The daybed is 87 inches wide, 38 inches deep. Im concerned it will be too big and bulky. Thoughts?

The chairs in the picture are temporary.

Kommentarer (12)

• northpoint2
    7 år sedan

What is the seat height, and does it fall below the bottom sill of the picture window?

Cindy thanked northpoint2
  • Cindy
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Good question. I have to measure it.

• northpoint2
    7 år sedan

By the way, your house looks SO amazing, and a lake view? To die for.

Cindy thanked northpoint2
  • potter99
    7 år sedan
    The view from the hall and the dining room are best to use for the development of a furniture layout. Consider how the room will be used: TV watching, game playing, reading on a rainy day, entertaining in inclement weather. Look at the windows & glass as focal points to enhance. The room requires a carpet to anchor furniture pieces that float in the space. If the door on the one wall is the main entry, treat that area as such: table, bench, mirror, coat rack or hall tree. Anyway - don't buy pieces until you've a clear answer to above questions. Then get some graph paper & draw the whole space to scale- including traffic patterns and site lines. Have fun
    Cindy thanked potter99
  • Cindy
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thanks to every one for your input!
  • decoenthusiaste
    7 år sedan

Although I originally suggested the idea of a backless settee, you might be happier with a chaise that has at least one arm. Best way to envision any piece there is to use painter's tape and tape it out on the floor and wall so you know what kind of space it will take up.

Cindy thanked decoenthusiaste
  • Cindy
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thank you decoenthusiaste, you're input is always appreciated.

This discussion is ongoing. Heres a link to a [Previous Post[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/please-help-design-my-choppy-sun-room-fixerupper-lakehouse-dsvw-vd~4374203) regarding this space.

• jonathan3
    7 år sedan

I love your choice of furniture! What a great place to sit face to face with a loved one enjoying the view provided you could actually sit back on it and it did not sacrifice too much of the view.

• Elaine Johnson
    6 år sedan

It is a great opportunity for toss pillows!

• zibbe
    6 år sedan

I have had this chaise for 15 years and it's worked in four homes. It's also roughly the size of a twin bed and has doubled as an extra sleepover spot in two houses. It's great to read on, fits two easily. It's in front of a window in my current home and gets much use. I've had 9 houses and my stuff has worked in all of them, although not always in the same room. If you love it and it fits, go for it.

• Stacey
    6 år sedan
    Are you able to have a 12 inch bookshelf on each side with built in window seat?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.