fullrenov

Really struggling to find a tile for ensuite

fullrenov
7 år sedan

Hi,

i am having a wet room built and I have chosen and love my hexagon mosaic calacatta, this will be on the floor. I did not want marble on the wall I just wanted a plain white tile so the floor would be the focus, I did have my heart set on a tile to go with this but when I put this in the room it turned out to be very grey and not white. it's not what I wanted. As wanted something lighter and closer to white. My room is being tiled on Tuesday and im not to sure what to go for. Someone suggested a small white metro on the wall but I am not to sure if it will look to busy.

Here is a picture of my options but I don't like the big grey or big white tile.

Can anyone offer any suggestions, ?

Kommentarer (15)

• User
    7 år sedan

metro would be too busy.

• fullrenov
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks for the heads up, they do the tile in a larger size which is a 10 x 30, would this still be too busy ? Thanks

• User
    7 år sedan

yes that would probably be ok but keep the grout lines pale.

• Carolina
    7 år sedan
    Opinions differ, I think that a metro tile will not look too busy, if you go for light grout.
    Cross St · Mer info
  • fullrenov
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Hi, yes the room does it have a lot of natural light and it's looks very dark and dingy. I gravitated towards white to try and brighten up the space. I do like the idea of a darker colour but I am not to sure if the room could carry this off due to the ensuite being so small.

• PRO
    Feioi
    7 år sedan

White needs the light to bounce off it to look bright, otherwise it will always look a bit dingy. If you have good lighting, the dark will work well. It'll look luxurious and dramatic, like a hotel bathroom!

• PRO
    The Panel Company
    7 år sedan

Cascade ™ Shower Panels are a decorative and highly practical range of interior panels for bathrooms, shower and wet room applications. Featuring unique properties, they provide a flush waterproof and moisture resistant wall. Available in a great choice of colours they are easily installed to existing or new walls and can be affixed to all types of surfaces. They are a cost effective and practical alternative to tiling, do not require grouting, require minimal maintenance, and feature easy-clean, wipe-free surfaces to keep their look and water repellent properties. These extra wide panels quickly fit together and come with a range of finishing trims to ensure a great look backed with a 10 year guarantee.

• Take a look at this fantastic range of wall panels.

Maybe this is something that you would consider having in your new wet room?

order free samples to check out the products.

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    7 år sedan

We have used dark tiles in small en-suit bathrooms, done right it can make the space feel luxurious while creating a clean and spacious feel. Here are a few examples.

Master En Suite in Oxshott · Mer info

Sleek Black Designer wet-room Shower with Mosaics in a feature Basin Wall · Mer info

Shannon at http://www.bathroomeleven.co.uk/

• Joanna C
    7 år sedan
    I think that metro tiles would work very well with the marble.
  • Lily Trinh
    6 år sedan

HI can I ask where your hexagon marble tiles are from? they're lovely!

• Lou
    6 år sedan
    Or you could go for marble effect metro :-) our loft bathroom has just been tiles with these and we love them! They are mandarin stone
  • Lou
    6 år sedan
    Here you go
  • Ian Jenkins
    11 månader sedan

I think I may be a little late on this but just posting incase anyone still needs help finding a suitable product for their ensuite, I am lucky enough to have 2 ensuites in my house and for both I have used plastic shower panels from Floors To Walls https://www.floorstowalls.co.uk/collections/shower-panels I will upload some pictures when I get home.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.