mark_diab

empty wall

Mark Diab
7 år sedan
looking for an artwork or something that would fill up this wall and brighten/lift this room

Kommentarer (16)

• Mark Diab
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    can you give me any ideas Phillipa? really struggling. I feel like the art work is going to make or break this room
  • Jennifer
    7 år sedan
    I think something colourful, and shape narrower and almost window to window, but not so close it looks cramped. Don't centre it height wise / stay lower. Maybe a beach landscape photo? Depends on your taste and what sort of colours you like. The shape will be most important. Cut out some cardboard to get an idea of size and how it will look.
  • User
    7 år sedan

I wouldn't be putting art between the windows, I think it will be too busy. I agree with Phillipa in that there is a need for texture or softening. You could achieve this by adding a faux fur throw or some big mohair cushions ?

I'd suggest looking at some big plant pots too...fiddle leaf, that kind of thing with some height. I think plants would also bring some colour and tall plants will elongate the room.

• petapea
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

I'm inclined to agree with Mel N (adding artwork will make it too busy) but a potplant is not possible with the current positioning of the couch either (though I would try and add some leafy green somewhere, maybe one of the corners). What about some soft sheer curtains hung above each window and to the floor? That would get rid of the boxy look of those windows and also add texture and further elegance to the room (lovely ottoman by the way!!)

• User
    7 år sedan

Agreed petapea....I was thinking sheers also, might mean moving the lovely lamp tables a bit?. The lamps are beautiful, but I would change the shades to a lighter colour ( like the taupe in one of the cushions). Sorry, should of been more specific about plants- the corner near the TV and lamp table.

It needs to be tall and big. The room is lovely but needs some height.

• Irene Morresey
    7 år sedan
    Like this concept, especially if you have great lighting reflecting in mirror, like the curtains too
  • PRO
    2 FIND and DESIGN
    7 år sedan
    Lisa Madigan is a local Sydney artist and has some stunning round abstract art which would be lovely...

http://www.lisamadigan.com.au/content/voyage

She may even do custom colours and sizes on request?
  • Mark Diab
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    love love the artwork! thank you. I will check it out
  • philippawright
    7 år sedan

Hi Mark,

Lisa's work would look good but I would like to see some warmer colours in there.

If you have any current pieces try them to help you define what you like and the proportion needed.

Until you find the right thing - [on Appro hopefully] you could pick up a vintage mirror to reflect some light . You could pick up on your metallic tones in the table bases. Oval or round would look good and don't be afraid to go a bit fancy or ornate to pick up the luxe vibe in the ottoman.[ which is crying out for a faux fur throw]

Set aside some time to wander in some galleries to see what you like but equally there are a number of online galleries and you can choose your framing - but I would avoid too much black. If you go to a framer with your piece take some snaps of the space to help them advise you- many framers are artists and have a good eye for detail and balance.

I would add some textured rust / copper toned cushions to warm up the scheme.

You may find that dealing with these details removes the need for artwork until you make a magic find one day- it doesn't have to happen immediately - the best art is the piece you stumble upon and just have to have.

Good luck

• KK1000
    7 år sedan
    Artwork could be all sorts of diferent things, including mural, framed puzzles, enlarged photos of family members or holidays etc. you can just get 5-6 colourful frames in different shapes and hang it up to make a small gallery wall. Experiment and you will get new ideas, art is very personal nobody can really know what you would like. I like the mirror you have in the corner, what do you plan to do with it. You could just get some colourful cushions to energise the room , go for burnt orange , raspberry, melon something warm, you could even get some tribal cushions they have fantastic colours but they are a bit scratchy, just for decoration.
  • KK1000
    7 år sedan
    Kilim cushions
  • LesleyH
    7 år sedan
    Mark, who lives with you in this house?
  • PRO
    Alliance Robes
    7 år sedan

Hi Mark,

This image shows one shelf but I think 2 Floating shelves would look good between your windows, they are relatively inexpensive and you can either dress them with vases, photos etc and change them up for a change of look or leave them empty www.alliancerobes.com.au

• PRO
    Sonja Robar - Abstract Artist
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Hi Mark,

You definitely need a splash of colour in this room - perhaps some textured multi-coloured vibrant cushions (to complement the artwork) and plants, plants, plants!

Mark, I create Australian made contemporary abstract artworks at affordable prices, which are custom made to size. Perhaps one of these works resonates with you?
    At least they will give you an idea as to what colours you would or would not like to see in your space.

"Merchants" Artwork

"Mermaid" Artwork

"New Season" Artwork

"Park Life" Artwork

"Poise" Artwork

"Rebekah" Artwork

"Tranquil Beach" Artwork

Good luck!

• junipergirl
    7 år sedan

I think the above idea for artwork is terrific, but if it were me, I'd be putting a tall largish plant in the right corner near what looks to be a mirror. I'd also try to add some cushions with matching or tonal of the artwork to cohere the look.

It's a very cool toned room at the moment and it really, in my opinion, needs some warmth, oranges, yellows, reds. A warm toned blanket/rug draped over the large ottoman, for example can help bring some life into the room.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.