critrnurse

My shed doors keep being destroyed by rain.

critrnurse
7 år sedan

I have a shed that houses my swimming pool filter, heater, etc. It has double doors that have to be replaced at least every four years because of a heavy rain that warps them to the point that I can't open or close them, The wood just comes apart. I am in Southern California and while heavy rains that go for days are sporadic, all it takes is one bout of them and the doors are done in. I must have doors to protect the equipment. Dees anyone know of a good, attractive (they face the yard) alternative? I don't mind spending what's necessary to stop the costly problem of disposable doors.

Kommentarer (8)

• houssaon
    7 år sedan

Can you get an awning?

• PRO
    Ninzan Studio, LLC
    7 år sedan

Check out PlastPro composite doors. They are made from non-wood materials and designed to resist water damage. http://www.plastproinc.com/

• tedbixby
    7 år sedan

Have you looked into fiberglass doors?

• critrnurse
    Författare
    7 år sedan

An awning isn't possible unless I remove all or part of an overhead trellis(?) that is adjacent to and nearly touching the shed. But I may have to consider it. One way or another, the doors will need to be replaced. I have a front gate that's fiberglass, only 1.5 years old. It's gorgeous, but I do notice that when there is heavy rain, it expands. Will look at the Plastpro now. Thanks!

• critrnurse
    Författare
    7 år sedan

I just looked at the Plastpro site and I will definitely go by the dealership to discuss it further. I think I need to get an awning in there, too for extra protection.

• PRO
    Ninzan Studio, LLC
    7 år sedan

@critrnurse I also highly recommend you install a metal head flashing. A licensed contractor or experienced carpenter will know what this is. It protects the top of the door from water running down the outside face but also any that gets behind your finish (siding, stucco, etc.) Here's a great article to read: http://www.finehomebuilding.com/2016/11/29/adding-head-flashing

• User
    7 år sedan

You've got a hack contractor if you keep having the same problem.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.