pearlhomeremodeling

Entry door

Pearl Remodeling
7 år sedan
Hi Guys,
I'm planning to paint this door with some sort of modern black color. Right now as you can tell, it's the natural wood with a lot of varnish on it. Need recommendations for painting to reach top results Sanding? Primer? What type of modern black (for you designers out there...) and finish?
Thanks

Kommentarer (7)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 år sedan

Really going to eat up the light reflectance in the area.

• teamaltese
    7 år sedan
    If you're a remodeler, should you already know how to do this?
  • shirlpp
    7 år sedan

I would not paint that black.

• User
    7 år sedan

LOL- what next, a doctor asking Random people how to perform surgery ?

• PRO
    Interiors by Bonnie
    7 år sedan

To keep the paint from chipping, I would sand and prime, before painting. Check with a local painting professional, they may have additional tips, too. However, I do think that a dark charcoal would be better than a black, so that it is not so stark, especially because that foyer seems to be without an abundance of natural light. I see where you are going with the photography theme. Maybe consider a matte finish paint, if you have good foyer lighting.

Pearl Remodeling thanked Interiors by Bonnie
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 år sedan

I vote for ACM's suggestion. Those doors with the arched top are really dated.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.