chris_ryer

New DIYer, help with backsplash colors

Chris R
7 år sedan

Have a little dilemma going on, really appreciate your help!

Wife and I decided on a white subway tile backsplash with black grout. We're new DIYers and might have gotten a little ambitious.

Holding the white tile and white trim piece against our white cabinets, the slight difference in white shades was minor. However, somehow now with everything together the difference is very apparent. Especially between the white trim piece and the tile, as well as the white outlet cover and the tile.

I'm thinking about replacing the almond switch/outlets, but some of the white outlets and covers look so white I'm worried they make the backsplash look cream colored. Same with the trim. Should I paint the metal trim somehow? Should I try to find an off white outlet/cover, or go with a different color entirely like metal? The white tile looked so white, I'm surprised.

Thank you for your help!!!

Kommentarer (10)

• everdebz
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Also like what you've done / here's a similar one ... I have disliked my electric plugs and its drab tone.

The Farmhouse · Mer info

Chris R thanked everdebz
  • hmarney
    7 år sedan
    It looks really great - don't over think it (I get it b/c I do the same thing). I would change the plug to white so the switch and all match. It looks like you've but a white plate over an old switch and plug. Metal is too modern for your space IMO. Love your grey rug in the background.
    Chris R thanked hmarney
  • visualizemaven
    7 år sedan

where is the trim going? Plz send a long shot of the kitchen

Chris R thanked visualizemaven
  • PRO
    Andrew Williams Designs
    7 år sedan

The plug part, being almond, is standing out. The cover plate---not so bad. If it driving you crazy---try a metal cover. Sometimes it is impossible to match all the whites. You have done a nice job!

Chris R thanked Andrew Williams Designs
  • jhmarie
    7 år sedan

Yes - change out the plug part. If you have an electrician in he will change them out to the most up to date GFC ones required by code in a kitchen.

Chris R thanked jhmarie
  • Chris R
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks for all the great advice! Maybe I'll switch out the plug and decide what I think from there.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 år sedan

they have outlets and covers in black, stainless steel or even wood. they even have them in mirrors. You could get one in the metal, or the wood and paint it the same color as the tile. no big deal. the black might look cool since it would match your granite

• everdebz
    7 år sedan

Idk if this ivory helps - 10.99

I wonder how much it costs to change the almond plug part...

Faux Stone Resin 1-Duplex Wall Plate, Ivory · Mer info

• jck910
    7 år sedan

Costs very little to change plug part if you buy at HD or Lowe's but Lutron makes many colors check it out for the outlet & switch plate

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.