claire_mullan84

Help with window dressing

claire_mullan84
7 år sedan

Hello... I am embarking on the decoration of a guest bedroom at our holiday home. This room was made up of a small guest bedroom and a toilet. The previous owners combined the spaces and they are now one room, which has resulted in an awful window configuration - and miss-matched windows.

We are not in the position to alter the windows at the moment but have already entertained many "over night guests" and hope to continue in the future so I would like to get the room shaped up asap. My question is how on earth am I going to dress this mess?

The pics below are from the original listing.

Kommentarer (7)

• claire_mullan84
    Författare
    7 år sedan

That looks really great thank you

• Sonia
    7 år sedan

I have a problem with long curtains over a radiator - you will be blocking the heat off! I would suggest blinds for both windows. Is the room decorated in a traditional or contemporary style? If traditional then Roman blinds in a pretty fabric would look nice (Dunelm are pretty reasonable in price). If contemporary decor, I think chunky wooden slatted blinds maybe in cream or white would look simple and very smart. We got some for our bathroom from online company Blinds2Go and they are really good quality and only cost about £35, so may be worth a look? They do all sorts of blinds.

• PRO
    Feature Radiators
    7 år sedan

I would definitely agree with forzaitalia above; if you cover the radiator with long curtains you will be paying to heat the window!

The radiator looks the wrong proportions for the space. It would look better taller and wider I think personally and should be sat symmetrically below the larger window.

Alternatively, if you would consider changing it, you could go with a tall one between the 2 windows, then you could go for long curtains????

A few examples below:

Radiators in narrow spaces · Mer info

• PRO
    Home Interior Design
    7 år sedan

Hi Claire, this looks like a good sized double bedroom. I would suggest a simple blackout blind fitted inside the recess over each window, the darker the colour the more light this will block. This will only be used at night and could add a splash of colour during the day if you were to have the blind pulled partially down. I would then suggest Roman Blinds as a second layer, fitted outside the recess. To make the windows appear a more similar size fit the right hand blind at the same height as the blind on the left, and also make the drop of both blinds the same. I would also suggest using the same fabric for each blind and have the cords or sidewinder on the left hand side for both. I hope this is helpful.

• Jonathan
    7 år sedan

I think you put full length curtains over both windows.

Full length says luxury and helps soften the room which is more important with a hard floor. Matching curtains and matching curtain poles helps unify the windows so the different sizes are less noticeable.

• PRO
    Sassy Property Styling Ltd
    7 år sedan
    Why not have a mock curtain on the left if the large window which is decoration and not shut and a roman blind in the both windows .to make room higher .add Pemet boxes above both windows to make match up, these could be painted to match the walls or have fabric in them.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.