jeromy_pizarro

Rustic/Country Ideas!

Jeromy Pizarro
7 år sedan
Im missing some stuff, im thinking about an accent rug but then again theres way more to it than just a rug. Im slowly building my small Living Room into a cozy rustic/country room. I welcome all constructive criticism.

Kommentarer (17)

• Jeromy Pizarro
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    @minnie101 I loved all of your ideas, and you're right about the tv unit and the colors, it makes sense and it gives more life to the living room, also the idea about the books and the tray as well is just perfect. Really everything you said was on point, i appreciate that. Ill be slowly building my living room and showing progress, Thanks!
  • minnie101
    7 år sedan

I'm glad you liked them, I'm sure others will have lots of others ideas too. Good luck with it and do keep us posted!

• A B
    7 år sedan

Love Minnie101's ideas. I personally don't think the white furniture works- could you change it? A big rustic coffee table would take the focus away from the leather sofa slightly. I think this type would really work in this room but I'm sure it's not for everyone! Also is there any scope to add a fire? And some curtains would make a huge difference.

Round Teak Root Coffee Table · Mer info

• A B
    7 år sedan

Another pic for some inspiration- a leather sofa with burnt oranges and reds, country print fabrics and a statement coffee table.

https://houspire.com/8-terrific-cosy-living-room-ideas/

• Jeromy Pizarro
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    @jen p
    That coffee table is amazing, and youre right i definitely need to get some curtains but i was thinking of maybe getting some roman shades or pleated shades. I also see what you mean by the white furniture, its pointing more towards the country type of living room as of now, but im trying to see how i can incorporate both together, do you think have some actual would furniture lile the picture above can mix in with the white furniture in any way?
  • A B
    7 år sedan

I think something like this successfully combines french and rustic style. Or maybe going for a more shabby chic look. How would you feel about blues? I'm sure it definitely can be done and hopefully you'll get loads more advice on here :)

Blue and White Living Room · Mer info

• Jeromy Pizarro
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    @jen P
    That flooring is on point! Since im living in an apartment for now im just playing with what i got, I wish i could paint the walls though, that blue would be great! But I can see the white and the wood coming together, but more of lighter weathered wood.
  • kikiamack
    7 år sedan
    I agree with a lot of the suggestions already given, especially about adding natural texture and baskets etc. I think that the white furniture isn't quite right (in particular I think the legs on the coffee table are more french chateau chic rather than rustic). However, the other two pieces could be transformed to a more aged / rustic look. Here's a link to a good blog with various furniture transformations in a rustic / farmhouse style, along with tutorials and types of paints used.

http://www.blesserhouse.com/2017/01/faux-antique-shutter-armoire-makeover.html
  • Jeromy Pizarro
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    @kikiamack
    That is an awesome Idea, I was already thinking about buying new furniture, didnt think about actually weathering my own furniture, this is definitely on my todo list.
  • PRO
    Eden Home Solutions
    7 år sedan

hi there

I am going to ask a couple of questions and then put together a mood board of ideas, if that's okay?

First off, the black leather sofa - does this have to stay? They have kind of had their day.

Do you currently have a window treatment?

Are there any other pieces of furniture in the room?
    Do you have any lamps?

thanks

Jill

• Jeromy Pizarro
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    @Jill
    The sofa that I have is actually brown, and it doesnt necessarily have to stay, I dont have any lamps yet, and also I do have a curtain that was a gift so Ill be putting it up, but what I have there on the picture is what i have as of now.
    Thanks!
  • PRO
    Eden Home Solutions
    7 år sedan

hi

Okay - when you are able, I would think about getting another sofa similar to the one you have. That will give some balance.

I have devised a design board below.

Since you wanted rustic/country I have gone for green which is actually hot right now.

However, to keep it edgy I have gone for sage green. The curtains and cushions are all available from Dunelm and have the rustic but country look you desire.

Behind the leather sofa I would put a wall of wood effect paper - the texture and colour helps to warm the room up. This is also from Dunelm (keeps the shopping trips and cost down!)

To add further interest I would incorporate some metal lamps - copper is wonderfully warm but also can have a masculine edge to avoid anything looking to chintzy.

I have also included a large wire basket in which to store fluffy cosy throws to keep the room warm.

I would finally incorporate some plants - galvanised tin pots are a nice twist and wooden accents such as candlesticks etc.

I hope you like this

xj

• Jeromy Pizarro
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thanks Jill! I was thinking about adding in some green as well, I like what I see I appreciate the Ideas!
  • Jeromy Pizarro
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thanks Jill! I was thinking about adding in some green as well, I like what I see I appreciate the Ideas!
  • kikiamack
    7 år sedan
    Hi Jill, can you tell me the make and colour of the wallpaper please. Also, have you used it and do you have a photo of it in situ?
  • PRO
    Eden Home Solutions
    7 år sedan

hi

Sorry no I don't have a photo in situ.

Its a pale wood colour and its from Dunelm.

Iwantwallpaper.com also does a great range of wood effect papers and send samples.

I have used a different wood effect paper which has been very effective.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.