bobwalk

Awkward wall

bobwalk
7 år sedan
Hi, our patio only has a small wall before a 6 foot drop to the patio below, I'm looking for ideas on how to add some kind of barrier so there is no risk of anyone falling over it! It's awkward, in that two of the sections are curved and there are small brick pillars between each section. Whatever is used will probably have to be attached to posts buried beneath the patio on the near side but can't imagine what would look best ....

Kommentarer (8)

• PRO
    Shelley Hugh-Jones Garden Design
    7 år sedan
    You could use planters/troughs on the patio agains the wall to create more height or bolting troughs directly onto the top of the wall. It depends on whether you need a solid screen or not.
  • rachelmidlands
    7 år sedan
    Hi, depends on your budget. A balustrade, either a glass one like MATH mentioned or metal one could prove expensive given the curves. A cheap option, like Shelley suggested is to line planters against the wall, perhaps ones with trellis backing and have some medium height plants. If anything this will act as a visual deterrent and seem less like a cliff edge.
  • bobwalk
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Hi thanks for replying all, the steps are to the right of the curved wall M.A.T.H, I got a quote for glass and it was a bit more than I was wanting to spend I was hoping metal work might be cheaper but can't picture where to put it.
    I had thought about planters but the garden is too big for me at the moment and I would struggle to maintain more planting areas.
  • Tom Hudson
    7 år sedan
    What about an iron balustrade you can get them made in any design and to fit into wherever you want them.
  • PRO
    Jonathon Charles Garden Design
    7 år sedan
    Ironwork is a beautiful option but certainly not cheap. I would also suggest a pleached hedge planted below but that will also cost. Planters with box hedge sections would look nice and probably be more cost effective.
  • PRO
    SelSol Architectural
    7 år sedan
    Have a look at the wire kits from people like S3i. Install posts at intervals and it saves you from having to install a curved balustrade. You will end up with short straight sections but it's an easy fix with low maintenance.
  • bobwalk
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Hi, I've had look at the 3si page and like think the wire might work! Now thinking it would be great to build some sort of seating into the curved section as that's where we sit out when it's nice, thanks all for the great suggestions - I like the idea of small box plants too if the wire isn't an option.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.