khtaylor

Have metal roof & window recommendations for durability & beauty?

Kelly T
7 år sedan

We're building a natural cedar timber home along the shore. Trying to keep lines simple (craftsman). Want products that are beautiful and strong. Also seeking color combination recommendations to highlight the wood. Need to select products within the month.

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    Cool Flat Roofing MA
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

@Kelly T

I believe that some type of green color metal roof is the best look for any wood exterior home. On the coast you definitely should use Aluminum! All steel roofs will rust/corrode because of salt in the air. If you were at least 1 mile inland, you can use steel, but not on the coast.

Standing seam looks amazing on larger wood exterior homes - something like this:

Standing Seam Metal Roof - Plymouth, MA · Mer info

You can also use aluminum shingles or shakes if you don't like vertical panels.

As for windows, I'd use real wood windows, preferably with triple glazing.

Let me know what you chose for the roof.

Good luck

Kelly T thanked Cool Flat Roofing MA
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.