mcmonkeymcbean

Please critique my awkward bathroom layout

mcmonkeymcbean
7 år sedan

The room is 290cm x 160cm

it has two windows (the thick black bits)

i definitely want a full size bath so it will have to be an over the bath shower. That's fine. But the issue is the windows and having the shower head right next to one

i can't move the loo because of the position of the soil pipe. So the only solution I can think of is to have the shower head and valve in the middle of the bath a shower per attached photo. There will still be a window but it's not immediately adjacent to it

any comments on this set up or an alternative would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Kommentarer (16)

• A B
    7 år sedan

How about having a freestanding bath and making a feature of the overhead shower? I presume you would need to make it a wet room but it would look amazing!

Another thought do you actually need 2 windows? Couldn't you just block up the window above the bath and have the shower there (and change it for some built in shelves)

Newton Residence · Mer info

Greenwich Village Townhouse · Mer info

• mcmonkeymcbean
    Författare
    7 år sedan

I quite like having the two windows. It's north facing so the additional light is good

also I'm on a tiny budget and don't really have the funds for blocking one up.

Yes a double ended free standing bath will probs be what I go for

thanks for your comments it's so helpful to muddle it through with others

• A B
    7 år sedan

How about this type of set up then? Probably the most budget friendly!

• Misha M
    7 år sedan
    Frost the window near the bath...maybe halfway up. So you can still enjoy a view when showering but others can't wee in...

good luck.
  • Jonathan
    7 år sedan
    You need to swap the wc and bath around
  • Heather Hoad
    7 år sedan
    I agree with frosting part of the window, can still see out and if on a cheap budget can pick frosted stick on at affordable price.

I know you said you can't move the toilet but you actually could as you could extend the soil pipe to the corner and box in the pipe so can't be seen.
  • Angela Gilham
    7 år sedan
    We thoight about moving the toilet, then looked at the fact the the soil pipe was set into the original cement plinth of the block of flats (ground floor flat from the 1960s period of cement with everything) and backed rapidly away. Some designs are not amenable to reason...
  • Jonathan
    7 år sedan
    I think that you can feed into your existing soil pipe by having a soil pipe that exists the wc at the side and then bends down into the cemented position of the original.
    Personally I would box in this corner which also means there will be a cavity for all of the shower pipework.
    Lastly I think a P shaped bath could be considered
  • A B
    7 år sedan
    I would normally agree re moving toilet, but if op is planning a freestanding bath I don't think it matters so much where the shower is positioned and the boxed in pipes would be more visible. So it could be a lot of expense for little gain. Depends on budget though, as I do agree it would improve the room overall.
  • mcmonkeymcbean
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks for all your input and the wonderful diagram! I agree that ideally the bath and loo would be swapped. I need to talk to the plumber about how feasible / expensive that would be

if it is prohibitively expensive / difficult I think I'll stick with my idea. I've not come up with any good reason not to have the shower in the centre of the bath rather than the end and I hope this might actually give a bit more room when in the shower rather than being squashed up at one end

• PRO
    Smart Showers Ltd
    7 år sedan

Hi there, if you're looking for a shower head that you can either fit to the wall or the ceiling, Shower Source should be able to help you out. Lots of options available for all budgets! http://showersource.co.uk/Shop/Product-List/catid/3670/shower-heads-shower-source

• PRO
    Room by Room (Midlands) Ltd
    7 år sedan

Personally I have previously used a victorian shower rail where budget was a major factor and space prevented any other options really. I bought this one from Victoria Plumbing. Please find pictures below.

When researching options you can get corner glass shower screens which look lovely but are more expensive. I ruled these out for us because of the height of our ceiling.

Jonathan's idea however is definitely the ideal budget permitting.

All the best.

• Angela Gilham
    7 år sedan
    That's pretty much the rail we used, except that ours came from bathstore.com.
  • mcmonkeymcbean
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Interestingly there is a deep cavity under the floor across that left hand wall (c. 500mm). I'm wondering if the soil pipe could travel under the floor.

ive got a plumber coming next week. Exciting!

• frmawson
    7 år sedan

Room for a (compact) OFFSET corner bath with the shower over? Love a soak. Worried/feel boxd in with a glass screen + cleaning it - ugh - have a trad shower curtain on a curved rail.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.