mjkimx

Front exterior help

mjkimx
7 år sedan
I'm having trouble deciding what to do with the front of our house. Not a fan of the beige trim and garage doors or green shutters but can't figure out what colors would look good. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Kommentarer (8)

• chiflipper
    7 år sedan

The scroll ironwork at the entrance has got to go, remove the shutters on the lower level. When finances permit remove the bushes on the side of the garage and increase the width of the sidewalk. It's a nice house.

• decoenthusiaste
    7 år sedan

Is this a split level home? I actually expected to see lower level windows under the window box. I would pressure wash the brick and you may need to have some of it repointed. Paint the downspouts to fade out against the brick. If the brick is damaged, consider doing a German Smear treatment to bring new life to the home. Use a square post instead of the scroll work at the porch. Here's a before and after of a look you could use for inspiration.

• mjkimx
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thanks for the suggestions! I never considered gray but that's definitely an option. I was thinking black shutters but didn't know what to do for the garage doors (don't want black doors). The brick is multicolored and has some black (I think it's called Baltimore brick).

I hate the ironwork too but don't know how much it would cost to replace them.

It's not a traditional split level. From inside the entrance, there's a few stairs up to the main level.
  • PRO
    WillowRidge Construction
    7 år sedan

This house has some great potential! I would suggest enhancing the garage gable by adding a timber frame awning with curved knee braces and metal roof over the garage doors. I think this would create a bit of carriage house feel, and add a focal point to an otherwise empty, but prominent space. I'm not sure what your budget is but carriage style garage doors would really complete the look! Here is a great example photo:

Dog Trot · Mer info

The timber element could also be carried into the front entry area to replace the ironwork.

• mjkimx
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Maybe we just need to paint the brick?
  • partim
    7 år sedan

I wouldn't paint the brick for a couple of reasons. I think the color is attractive, although it needs trim colors beside it that are more complementary. That beige in particular isn't doing the brick color it any favors. Brick is maintenance free and I would never suggest painting it for that reason alone, unless the color of the brick is awful (and there are some). I like the iron work and the house shape overall is nicely proportioned.

I like these color schemes in particular, with your brick and roof.

Kitchen & Addition · Mer info

Siding Replacement Projects · Mer info

I especially like the door color of the one above, Behr Script Ink.

Heavy Timber Tudor · Mer info

Your landscaping is pretty skimpy. I'd put ten foot deep beds in front of a house your size, with plenty of evergreens for year round good looks.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7 år sedan
    I would start by removing the shutters, adding planter boxes to the windows above the garage doors. With long draping flowers. Add a barn style light fixture over the garage with some projection, black. You have some black dark brick you could pull that out a bit. Also re vamp the walkway to the front door. Remove the shrubs on the right, expand the walkway and add a wrapped beam instead of the iron at the front door. Large black pots can work. Add some color and depth the the planter beds. Paint the the window trim and garage doors black
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.