fishnugget

Need help with styling rustic house

fishnugget
7 år sedan
senast redigerad:7 år sedan

I'm looking at renting a much older house. I was trying to find ideas online but not sure what to even call the type of property it is. It is sort of rustic or farmhouse, but not quite.
My own personal style leans towards the bohemian or eclectic.

Kommentarer (9)

• bigreader
    7 år sedan
    It looks a bit Spanish mission on the outside. With a bit of California Bungalow.

The inside has white walls and wood floors which lends itself amazingly well to your eclectic style. Once you move in, post photos for advice on decor.
  • Jo M
    7 år sedan

Yes definantly californian bungalow that has been updated throughout the years.

• PRO
    Rezidraft Australia
    7 år sedan

I'd fix the failing roof first.

• pascoeyvonne
    7 år sedan

I agree with Rezidraft Australia. The roof is the most important part of the house. Checking the roof first should be number one priority.

• rwalton5
    7 år sedan

Californian bungalow, but original timber framed windows have been lost. Searching online and in reference books will show you examples of facades and floorplans and interior decorative schemes, fences and gardens. The style is sympathetic to arts & crafts, craftsman, cottage, organic and old-style bohemian furniture and bric a brac and light fittings. Unfortunately it is not a low-maintenance type of house, in my experience, and I wouldn't buy one again. So, as renters you'll need to make sure your landlord keeps up with structural maintenance.

• cloudpants
    7 år sedan
    Depending on what the landlords allow you to do, the decor ideas are limitless with those wooden floors and fireplace. Hopefully you will be allowed to paint above it. But even if you can't, I can still see that it will look amazing.
  • philippawright
    7 år sedan

You could get way with your bohemian style with this canvas.

• Susan Ballard
    7 år sedan
    Please check with landlord You may not be able to much at all especially structurally Also don't spend money on things can't take with you
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.