birgiepie

What color should I paint my house?

birgiepie
7 år sedan
senast redigerad:7 år sedan

I need to figure out what color would look best on my old, brick house. Also, I have no idea what to do with the dented, rust-colored metal above my garage. Something needs to go there, but I don't know what would look good. (Clearly I will need new, cool lights and a better door...but those will have to go behind the desperate paint job.) I should mention that we are trying to stay true to the midcentury ranch style of the home. The inside has much more personality than the exterior. Promise.

Kommentarer (12)

• Susan Harrison
    7 år sedan
    I love this ranch house. the metal can be painted the same color as the rest of the house. a good size column to the right of the overhang would enhance the balance. be sure to keep the front door the focal point of the house by painting it a eye catching color. if budget allows, I would add larger windows.
    birgiepie thanked Susan Harrison
  • Linda
    7 år sedan

Farrel Calhoun colors... main home in Soft Leather 0336 & Trim in Mossy Shade 0195. Post pics when done

birgiepie thanked Linda
  • Denita
    7 år sedan

Don't put a column to the right of the overhang. That would be against the MCM look you are trying to achieve. Change out the front door to a MCM type door, change the gable front to horizontal wood and a little MCM-type landscaping/hardscaping and you will have a wonderful exterior. Take a look at the inspiration pics below for front door type:

Modern Porch · Mer info

Dallas, TX: Stolp · Mer info

birgiepie thanked Denita
  • Denita
    7 år sedan

Take a look at this MCM renovation - it is stunning. Could be your house too! This one has classic MCM type landscaping and hardscape.

Tangerine in the Desert · Mer info

birgiepie thanked Denita
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 år sedan

Not only paint you must address landscaping and make it more MCM.

birgiepie thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • ycity
    7 år sedan
    What about the grey in this mid century color palette:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.modboxusa.com/2013/11/06/eichler-accent-colors/amp/

Agree that stone and metal should be painted same color. Front door can be another color from the palette (blue, orange etc)

Get rid of the fence!!
    birgiepie thanked ycity
  • Amber Lynn
    7 år sedan
    Honestly I don't think you need any paint. The brick looks good and the metal is a cool material contrast. If there is some type of treatment for the metal that can be done, would consider reviewing. Think you should focus on the other items such as lights, front door and landscaping. I'm just not a huge fan of painting brick unless it's an awful color or someone else already painted it.
  • apple_pie_order
    7 år sedan

Is the brick already painted?

• PRO
    Fabricmate Wall Finishing Solutions
    7 år sedan

A light blue would be a nice color on this house.

• emmarene9
    7 år sedan

I would not paint the brick. I would paint the metal to match the brick. Then get some landscaping advice. I would also remove the planter box near the door.

• jbtanyderi
    7 år sedan
    Paint the garage door to match the brick. Put up wide shutters in a paprika shade.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.