hzdeleted_33367883

I need ideas for playroom decoration

User
7 år sedan

We have recently moved house and the playroom hasnt been a priority for decor. But im getting tired of all the mismatched items in here. Changing the curtains or furniture isnt an option at the moment. But how can i make this room more attractive. I dont want it too childish but maybe a little bit fun. Ideas pls. The walls are all painted white. And i do have new ikea boxes in the storage thing behind the sofa in grey beige.

Kommentarer (10)

• User
    Författare
    7 år sedan

i like the rugs...and the floating shelf. i have a few in the loft left from my last house...that will make good use of them! Do you know if you can get machine washable rugs for the floor? I find the rugs get so mucky with the kids!! Probably just wishful thinking....but the rugs in the pic look quite thin?

• PRO
    Feioi
    7 år sedan

I believe Ikea do great rugs that are machine washable. You could also get a few colourful beanbags and floor cushions. Wall stickers are perfect for playrooms and allow you to create fun murals for very little cost and without damaging the walls. They just peel off so you can change them whenever you want. You can also get chalkboard wall stickers but you may not want to encourage drawing on the walls!

User thanked Feioi
  • A B
    7 år sedan

Could you move the chair and side table into a different room? I'd have a full size table in there instead with colourful chairs, perfect for crafts and making dens under! I'd then a big pile of cushions for reading (or jumping) on. I'd either have wall stickers or chalkboard paint on the wardrobe doors as there doesn't seem to be much free wall space. I think bold bright colours go more with the curtains and ikea boxes though, so I'd move away from paastels. Whatever you do it's a beautiful room with an amazing view :)

User thanked A B
  • PRO
    The Lighting Company
    7 år sedan

Wow! what a view. With this in mind I think Minnies suggestion of mountain would be perfect! add splashes of colour with animals? oh and the lights!

A ready made splash:

or I love these ones that they can colour in and have fun with themselves!

User thanked The Lighting Company
  • PRO
    Pixers
    7 år sedan

I love the view from your window...
    For the wall maybe you can check here: http://bit.ly/play_room_ 
    You can find there a lot of fun ideas :) Favorite animal or pattern.

Aleksandra from Pixers Team

• User
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    thanks for all the ideas. I love the mountain idea....what colours would u use? I had also thought of a fun map mural....something semi educational for the the kids. But the wall is 5.5 metres long....would it work for a pre printed mural? Also the wall has a large radiator on it....would this also spoil any wall art i may do?
  • PRO
    Pixers
    7 år sedan

I think I can try to talk with our graphic designer to find a photo to make it work :) Can you please send me a picture of this wall?
    You can find a map you like here: http://bit.ly/maps__ :)

Aleksandra from Pixers Team

• User
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    well...i made the decision to go with cockatoo wallpaper. im thrilled with it...i think it looks amazing. my question now is, would u put a floating shelf on the wall above the sofa for some pics and ornaments?
  • PRO
    Pixers
    7 år sedan

gerty werty it might be too much. You will probably have a lot going on there anyway ;)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.