jools1246

Cushion dilemma

Julie Herbert
7 år sedan
Trying to jazz up a front room that is not greatly used, what do you think of these cushions, are they ok or should I go another colour, other end of room has glass dining table and cream chairs, thanks

Kommentarer (20)

7 år sedan
    I really love the textured cushion on the right. Nothing wrong with your elegant colours, I just think a little too much bling. Maybe replace one of the gold ones with another textured cushion.
  • Sammy Elder
    7 år sedan

Love it. Perhaps include something with sparkle or metallic on the table to balance the cushions and mirror.

• robandlyn
    7 år sedan

Looks good - I would just change the very left one to something with more texture. At the moment it is much more yellow gold than the other cushions which have more a copper or rose gold colour.

Otherwise just leave it as it is!! There isn't anything that I would notice wrong if I just walked into your house and saw it like that - in fact I would think it looked good - it is only when you have a close up photo and are asked for opinions that we perhaps start looking at the whole set up a bit more critically:)

• Julie Herbert
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thank you, I have a gone a bit blingy lately, the textured cushion I love too, Thank you Sammy will do as you suggested, thank you for your great comments.
  • Julie Herbert
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thank you Robynandlyn I do appreciate your comment, it is a bit yellow compared to others, will look for a more textured one, my husband thinks I have gone over the top with the gold but it does bring a lovely shine to the room.
  • siriuskey
    7 år sedan

Love it, looks like a bit of Holywood glam just need Marilyn to pop in or maybe just you reclining on the sofa. Perhaps a floor rug.

• Julie Herbert
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Oh siriuskey what a fab comment and I have blonde hair too, love your comment
  • PRO
    Cordony Group
    7 år sedan

For a more sophisticated look, I think go natural- some plain, other with some texture. We love styling with a touch of blue- its timeless & calming!

Luxurious & Modern Townhouse · Mer info
    Birchgrove Interior Design Project · Mer info
    Duntroon Avenue, Roseville · Mer info
    Laurel Street, Willoughby · Mer info

Mabel Street, Willoughby · Mer info

Kiara Close, North Sydney · Mer info

• LesleyH
    7 år sedan
    No sure I like the triangular pillow. Agree with Cordony Designs above.
  • Lyn Huppatz
    7 år sedan
    Sorry Cordonay but I prefer Julie's cushions Much more interesting.
  • Lyn Huppatz
    7 år sedan
    Sorry Cordonay but I prefer Julie's cushions Much more interesting.
  • Julie Herbert
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thank you Lyn, lovely comment, the cushions give a bit of a shiny lift to this room, especially on a cold wintery day that Melbourne has just had but when the sun is shining they add a warm glow, thank you again.

• LesleyH
    7 år sedan
    Just remember your husband should love it too unless it is a room just for you.
  • Julie Herbert
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Hi Lesley, he has softened a little on the cushions, he actually commented that the warmth they give to the room was quite lovely, I was so happy to hear that little compliment. its a room that you walk through to the rest of the house so I thought a bit of bling would bring a smile.
  • LesleyH
    7 år sedan
    It looks like a room with lovely light .
  • siriuskey
    7 år sedan

Julie your husband sounds lovely good for him, men like having pretty things around them including blonde wives who want to bring a bit of glam into their lives. which did you buy first the mirror or the cushions

• Julie Herbert
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Hi Siriuskey, thank you for your lovely comment, I bought the mirror first, have had it a few years and struggled to get the look right beneath it
  • PRO
    Emma Thomas Art
    7 år sedan

I have that mirror in my studio! Love the glam look :)

• Julie Herbert
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thank you so much Emma, it's a gorgeous mirror it does add a real presence to the room and the cushions really make it shine.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.