lancasterpaintingca

Would you ever consider a dark exterior paint color?

Yes!
No, lighter colors are my first choice
It depends

Kommentarer (7)

• tooky58
    7 år sedan

I'm actually drawn to dark exteriors over lighter ones generally speaking.

Lancaster Painting thanked tooky58
  • PRO
    CSI-Montage
    7 år sedan
    Depends on the house. With the photo, I would go lighter. With a darker roof, maybe darker exterior. My opinion.
    Lancaster Painting thanked CSI-Montage
  • PRO
    DOES Architecture
    7 år sedan

Generally I prefer a dark on dark color story, rather than a contrasting dark and light as shown in the photo.

Lancaster Painting thanked DOES Architecture
  • Marco
    7 år sedan

I'd take the period of the house into consideration. Different historic periods had different tastes (and fewer or more choices of pigments). Outside of a museum, a historic house need not be painted in exactly its original colors, but it will always look its best if painted in values similar to what was favored when it was built, with the colors distributed as they were when it was new. Even in a new house, there is environment to consider. A woodsy setting or seaside or mountain or desert setting would invite very different palettes. There is no "right" answer to the poll question. But yes, in the right setting, I'd definitely consider a dark exterior.

Lancaster Painting thanked Marco
  • daisiesandbutterflies
    7 år sedan

I was just telling my husband a few days ago that i I ever found the perfect house, except it had a black exterior, the only way I would buy it is if I could change the color. I would never want a black exterior. I would consider a darker color, but not black or near black.

Lancaster Painting thanked daisiesandbutterflies
  • PRO
    Lancaster Painting
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Love all this feedback, and good points are raised. Thanks everyone!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.