shahabaz_patel

Advice regarding color change for veranda

Shahabaz Patel
6 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

Hi, I'm planning on painting my veranda and the front doors. Right now it's a light shade of green and black. Not able to decide which combination to go with. Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

Kommentarer (23)

• PRO
    P K Associates
    6 år sedan

Hi Mr. Shahbaz,

I think for walls, you should go with white or pale yellow/cream colour and for doors go for dark brown colour (wooden look). For any further assistance, feel free to speak to me.

Thanks

• Shahabaz Patel
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanks.. I got a lot of criticism for choosing green... Lol
  • PRO
    GS STUDIO designconsultants
    6 år sedan
    White would be correct choice for Columns..
    If you want contrast go for brick red.
  • Shahabaz Patel
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanks :). Will it look good if the walls n columns are the same color?? I wanted contrast. Brick red is a nice idea :)
  • PRO
    Kanupriya Pachisia
    6 år sedan

Hi Shahabaz,

I like green but i feel we can pep up the space a little bit so that the green blends and doesn't jar out.

you could tweak the shade of green you already have to something more subdued like the one in the image above and compliment it with an earthy floor so it doesn't contrast a lot with the white. Having white on the ceiling interrupted by a beam of the same green (the beam that runs directly above your columns) and on the back wall with maybe some texture would juxtapose the green to stand out.

or you could take a green this shade but be sure to compliment it with a lot of foliage. white on the ceiling and light earthy floor would definitely compliment your whole set up.

or you could add a neutral base to your columns and clad them in wood. play a little with your floor, add texture to your walls and paint the ceiling a dark charcoal or almost a greyish green before you finish the look with fresh plants.

incase you opt for a complete white look - do perk up the look with a wooden floor and a touch of wood on your parapet sill (note how theyve finished the top of the railing here in wood). you could hang some colonial lights to set the kood in the evnings.

or you could also opt for a complete white look and keep the green. you could take the chance of using green on the ceiling and blend it in with plants below.

you liked the idea of using brick red. maybe you could use it sparingly and go more rustic on the look by adding stone to the columns and pairing up the red with cement grey and white.

incase you like the idea of wood - your columns and the parapet wall could be clad in some rustic wood.

another colour that would keep the contrast would be dark charcoal against white - a black and white contrast is always beautiful specially when it has one colour to highlight it. By using plants you can use green again and still keep the look fresh and modern. you already have texture on your ceiling - painting it a fresh coat of white would bring out the whole look.

hope this helps for now!

• Priya Arun
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Oh I love your verandah Shahabaz Patel! Its gorgeous. Why don't you leave it as such? White might be the only other colour I can think of. Maybe you could make the table tennis table green. Its probably the blue that's jarring. Yes, maybe bring some greenery inside.

Curious: Where is this beautiful place?

• Shahabaz Patel
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanks for such a detailed reply and wonderful ideas :) I like most of them. Thanks.
  • amrita84
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Hi Shahabaz, This verandah looks like a great place to unwind. You can place an Indian traditional swing or jhoola at one of the points and make it the focal point of the area. Also you can try placing some clay pots of various sizes and shapes to decorate the area. Place some beautiful plants strategically to highlight the entrance and corners of the place. place an Indian style colorful rug under the jhoola. place some cushions on the jhoola. you can play with colors or may be madhubani paintings on few of the pillars. ceiling should be white. hope this helps. :)

• Shahabaz Patel
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    I had thought about a swing but then I feel the beauty of the place is due to the large open space and the swing would end up occupying a lot of space. But that's just my thought. But I love the idea of the pots n paintings :)
  • amrita84
    6 år sedan

Glad that you like the idea. Yes a heavy swing might occupy a lot of space but you can think about placing a swing like shown in the pics below which will accentuate the beauty of the place I think. Just a suggestion.

• karima khalil
    6 år sedan

For years we had just such a veranda painted in Empire Yellow (its close to a light mustard) with the window woodwork painted in white. Everyone loved it and it was great against the green of the trees and plants.

• karima khalil
    6 år sedan
    Here is a not very good photo but it gives you an idea
  • Shahabaz Patel
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Wow.. That looks good :)
  • PRO
    VB Design Studio
    6 år sedan

Hi Shahabaz...Plz tell where does this place belong to, climatic conditions etc!!

I think we can do some magic ;) if you can plz send us the picture of:

* Outside view from Veranda

*inside view of Rooms from your veranda (is your room interior visible when you see it while standing in a veranda/ or is it has curtains etc?

*Also, plz tell share with us the color of the roof on the outside.

Have a great day!!

• PRO
    Sanjays Nest
    6 år sedan

Hi Shahbaz, The veranda looks fantastic!!! I was wondering if you considered working on the floor tiles along with the paint. If you were to get either faux wood tiles or any earthen look (clay, bricks, mustard paver stones...) and then get the pillars and doors to compliment the floor you could have a brand new look. For the doors I would always go with a single natural wooden colour to complement your furniture and colour pallet.

Here are some ideas, hope they help you. Please do upload pics once you have renovated!!!

Bel Air, MSH Design · Mer info

Lovebird Home · Mer info

mediterranean retreat in palo alto · Mer info

Amante · Mer info

Mediterranean Porch · Mer info

Linda Isle Remodel · Mer info

Mediterranean Villa · Mer info

• Shahabaz Patel
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanks guys, the place is in belgaum karnataka. Lots of rain combined with white tiles is a lot of maintenance!! I'm not home right now, so I can't post more pics. But u can't see the interiors bcuz of the curtains. And the view from the veranda is a lot of green. The roof is a sloping or hip roof with red tiles. The house itself is a 150yr house built by the British.

Amazing pics Sanjay!! I'm not a fan of yellow walls but the rest of the ideas look great. Haven't thought about changing the flooring as of now. Will surely post pics after renovation :)
  • Padmini Smetacek
    6 år sedan

What a beautiful house, Shahbaaz! I live in a similar house - a 150-year-old colonial bungalow in Kumaon. You have already received lots of excellent advice from better-qualified people, so all I would say is, keep its age and heritage character the central theme. The white tiles do clash, I am afraid ... flooring with terracotta tiles would echo the roof and look lovely. The columns and the arches over the doors and windows are amazing. But I'd say, leave it all chuna-painted - there's a beauty and softness to it. Don't let the painters add too much neel (indigo) in the limewash -- in the hills where I live, they put far too much if I don't watch out and the result is a harsh white. Natural lime has a softer, creamy look.

• Padmini Smetacek
    6 år sedan

The less we interfere with the original design, the better!

• Shahabaz Patel
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanx :). I agree, I have similar views :)
  • Neha Batra
    6 år sedan

Shahbaz your verandah looks gorgeous. Except the existing green you can just paint the rest in white. And I believe this is somewhere in Gujarat, why not add the traditional jhoola the carved one with colourful upholstery, lot of plants and lamps

• Shahabaz Patel
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanx :). It's in karnataka. I'm almost done working on the plants :). Will new up soon. Still in 2 minds about the jhoola as it occupies a lot of space and it will be exposed to the elements.
  • Neha Batra
    6 år sedan

Sorry missed it, you have already mentioned the location as Belgaum, Karnataka

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.