smurren53

Can't use a rug pad!

smurren53
6 år sedan
I bought 2 rug runners for my hallways with a natural cotton backing. When I placed a rug pad under them some of my doors barely open. Can I place them on hardwood floors without the pads?
Hand-tufted of a 100-percent New Zealand wool pile
Primary materials: New Zealand wool
Durable cotton canvas backing
Pile height is 0.5 inch

Kommentarer (14)

• Judy Mishkin
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

they'll be skittery. do the ends of the rug have to go under doors? could you cut up a rug pad and put it under all of the places that doors don't have to open over? the rug pads you can buy at homegoods are pretty thin.

• smurren53
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    I have two hallways with many doors. The rugs fit under front door and garage door but not the bedroom door or basement door. They barely clear without the rug pad. Will a natural cotton backing work on hardwood floors?
  • Judy Mishkin
    6 år sedan

you might do better with a thinner rug, something flat woven perhaps, without a lot of backing.

• smurren53
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    I wish I could but I can't return them without a huge fee on them.
  • Judy Mishkin
    6 år sedan

well, just dont slip and fall without a pad... your copay could be higher. hoping someone else has a suggestion.

• Judy Mishkin
    6 år sedan

but susan, then the doors will sit high on their thresholds.....we've just seen that dilemma here too.

• smurren53
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thank you!
  • smurren53
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    It is a dilemma!
  • PRO
    Lifestyles and Interiors by Lisa
    6 år sedan

Jaipur has these called

• RPG01 - Ruggies -

KEEPS RUGS & MATS IN PLACE

Without Leaving Any Messy Residue

Ruggies are the amazing reusable rug grippers that keep rugs and mats in place without leaving any messy residue. just press and stick so your rugs don't slip. The tacky polymer technology grips the rug while hundreds of suction pockets grip the floor. Use on all floor types and wash with soap and water to renew.

• lwfromny
    6 år sedan
    The big box stores sell a tape that adheres to the back of a rug to hold it in place. Not sure if it will help with a rug this heavy but it's worth a try.
  • smurren53
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Lisa, Those Ruggies are a great idea. Do you know how thick they are? Also, do you think that the natural cotton backing of the rug will be ok on my new hardwood floors?
    Thank you for your help!
  • PRO
    Lifestyles and Interiors by Lisa
    6 år sedan

@smurren53 they use suction so should be fine on the wood floors..

• dyliane
    6 år sedan

put small pieces of the rug pad not close to the doors, you can use adhesive velcro to take them in place

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.