emmelinewe

Would you bring back the Teasmade?

Emmeline Westin
6 år sedan

At the height of Teasmade frenzy, two million UK households had one, according to an article in the Telegraph. These days we are surrounded by quirky gadgets, many that we might or might not need, so is there still space for the Teasmade in 2017? Or has it had its heyday?

Kommentarer (23)

• Daisy England
    6 år sedan
    Oh I remember these. We had one. We used to use it when we did the night feeds with our children. The problem was keeping the milk cool in the summer months so it didn't curdle.
    I'd say it's had its time and while we used ours for several months I wouldn't bother now.
  • Carole Wood
    6 år sedan

Have always had a teasmade. Replaced old one this year. Only problem is it ticks so unplug it each night so no good as an alarm but have Alexa for that! Use powered milk and its fine.

• PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
    6 år sedan

I love my coffee machine, but am a purist wrt tea - old fashioned teapot (duly warmed) every time!

• Jane Wright
    6 år sedan
    So many fond memories of my Grandma's. I would love one to stop the morning discussion of who is brewing up.
  • Resh
    6 år sedan
    Yes! Z-wave enabled so that when my wife gets opens our bedroom door it starts doing it's thing, so by the time she gets to the kitchen it has brewed her some tea! I do this with the kettle, but she still actually has to then brew her tea. Hardly a big hassle, but isn't tech meant to save us time and make us feel a bit spoiled?
  • Resh
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

I see a weekend project. Steal my mother's old Teasmade from her loft and couple to a spare Z-wave plug socket. When it senses our bedroom door open after 7, but before midday, Teasmade switches on.

You lot can look forward to disastrous tales of automated teamaking gone wrong...

• wendy_bell83
    6 år sedan

Oh, Yes please!!! To awaken to the automated brewing of a cuppa and being able to have a wee 10 mins to gradually come too before the mayhem starts, sounds like heaven. I drink mine black so no milk issues. Can someone make me a duck egg and cream teasmade to match my bedroom please?

• PRO
    Anthony Edwards Kitchens
    6 år sedan

Just explained to the younger members in our team what a Teasmade is !

• PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
    6 år sedan

Now you're making me feel old! Though not as old as the look I got from my son when I showed him how to work an old rotary telephone....

• Chris Goodchild
    6 år sedan

I would love a Teasmade, the first thing I do in the mornings is make tea while I feed my two cats and they get breakfast before I get my tea.

• PRO
    SortMySpace Ltd
    6 år sedan
    @Suresh, why even leave the bedroom?!? My parents still have their Teasmade in their bedroom next to the bed! ;)
    I have to admit, until I'd seen it written down just now, I'd always assumed it was a TeasMaid!
  • Kittihawke
    6 år sedan
    My parents had one in England in the '70s. I thought they were neat. But I think it's more bother than it's worth having to bring milk to bed in a flask, ready for your tea the next morning.
  • User
    6 år sedan

I love my teasmade,cant stand the ticking though so I just flick the switch when I wake up for a fresh cuppa. Its no bother taking a cup with a teabag in it upstairs.In the summer I put a little jug of milk in the freezer,so by the morning its defrosted and ready for use.

• John Slee
    6 år sedan
    I can't face tea first thing but coffee -yes - from my Smart-linked bedside Nespresso with a little piece of decent chocolate. Now that is the way to wake up!
  • User
    6 år sedan

Ah john slee,but I'VE had instant hot chocolate,coffee,and when the builders were downstairs,I had a pot noodle! na na na na na! haha!

• John Slee
    6 år sedan
    moobyloo I've a kettle as well! And, would you believe, it's portable! Ha Ha
  • stefanmh
    6 år sedan
    Great idea to bring them back. We had one and used it daily. The only problem was that in the summer the milk used to go off a bit.

Nowadays I stagger downstairs and make our tea - not too bad in the summer but dark and dismal in the winter.

But with fresh milk now being longer lasting there wouldn't be a problem.

Bring them back - please
  • stefanmh
    6 år sedan
    I remember there was even a naughty joke about them
  • PRO
    Duo Interior Design Ltd
    6 år sedan

Yes I would. I did see a teapot/kettle at a customers house the other day that I'm tempted to buy as it would do a very similar job

• User
    6 år sedan

They have been selling them online,in various stores ,and I got two in Argos so it's not a matter of bringing them back,they have landed!

• PRO
    Dual Designs
    6 år sedan

Not for me, too easy to use legs and a Quooker hot tap if ever needed

• C S
    6 år sedan

I found the tea from a teasmaid a bit grim. I'm happy to send my other half downstairs for the early morning cuppa.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.