edubya

POLL: Industrial Light Fixtures - Pick your Favorite!

Emily H
6 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

Albany Vintage Double Wall Light, Antique Brass · Mer info

Do you like the industrial look? Fixtures like these are often the pieces in a new design that pull the rest of the room together. If you were going for an Industrial vibe, which one of these Houzz exclusive light fixtures would be your pick?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments!

Kommentarer (11)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    6 år sedan

I have used vintage explosion proof fixtures in the past.

• 4megarama
    6 år sedan

none of these because they look like they use incandescent bulbs. i know some don't but i wonder if it maintains the look. not only do led bulbs cost less to run but they get far less dusty which is a big plus for me.

• PRO
    Center Stage Interiors
    6 år sedan

I think the industrial look is a trend that won't last. It has it's charms and it's fun to mix a little into your design, but I wouldn't go overboard with it. It lacks grace and true beauty. Remember...a little goes a long way.

• PRO
    Idlewood Electric Supply
    6 år sedan

While the industrial look is a trend, it has stuck around for some time now. We have seen homeowners and designers alike finding ways to incorporate this style into either strictly industrial spaces or utilized warmer textures and fabrics with furniture and decor to add warmth to their rooms. With industrial fixtures, you can use antique LED bulbs with color temperatures around 2700K. It doesn't always provide the most optimal light output, but achieves the look many are trying to achieve.

• Jennifer Matherne
    6 år sedan

@Mark Bischak, Architect I've been looking for these fixtures, can you tell me which ones you use? The ones I can find are either plastic and look it, or a priced out of my range. Looking to use them outdoors in our covered porches.

• User
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

@Jennifer Matherne Use your browser - I use google and searched for "vintage explosion proof lights" and came up with a whole bunch of them from various sources. From reading they are incandescent with tempered glass lens - all metal construction. One on Amazon is about $27; another is $70, others are $38. Also found them on Houzz, Home Depot, barnlightelectric.com, etsy (more vintage & more $ and some not) and other sites. Have fun looking.

• Vicki L Berg
    6 år sedan

Sheffield Triple Pendant I prefer to any of the others but that's not saying much.

• bellemeraude
    6 år sedan

I like both the Albany and the Warwick, depending on where they are being used.

The industrial look may be a trend, but these fixtures can easily be swapped out for the next trend in a modern home. I think in an older home this look can be timeless. If this is a style you like I see no good reason not to go for it.

• willozwisp
    6 år sedan

I do enjoy the Steampunk. Eclectic accents. Liked the triple, but the Clerkenwell Flush Cage light just seemed cleaner and less faux.

• Alejandro Gallardo Toledo
    6 år sedan
    Naranjal
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.