reclaimedflooringco

Light, Warm or Dark Shades?

Good day dear Houzzers,

Today we bring a very interesting Poll: Light, Warm or Dark Shades?

Which one is the most appealing for you? And why?

Don't forget to leave a comment =)

Kommentarer (18)

• PRO
    Kia Designs
    6 år sedan

This kind of warm tone can easily over-power a space, and clash with other pieces that you put into the design. The light and dark are much more versatile, and we love dark floors at the moment!

The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company thanked Kia Designs
  • PRO
    The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thank you Kia Designs and Around The House Furniture. You make some very good points. =)

• PRO
    Ayegardening Ltd
    6 år sedan

Oooh this was harder to make a decision than I thought. I went for the light as it felt refreshing and airy. The middle one was too yellowy for my liking (but could be the photo) and then with the darker one I did like it but I would have to have the right decor to match it.

The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company thanked Ayegardening Ltd
  • PRO
    User
    6 år sedan
    Same as others have already said tbh. I chose light in the end but i love both the light and dark depending on space. I'm a big fan of grey wood generally. I'm not keen on the yellowy warm wood and it would be less versatile than the other two, especially light. Thanks for the poll
    The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company thanked User
  • PRO
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thank you Ayergardening Ltd and Individual Furnishings. The poll is still too close to have a winner! =)

• PRO
    User
    6 år sedan

As Kia Designs said light and dark floors are more versatile, but warm floors have their charm too. I love deep dark solid wood floors, especially mahogany, but nothing works better in a rustic setup than a naturally warm oak. It all depends on what you want to achieve and the space you are working with.

The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company thanked User
  • PRO
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thank you Black Oak Builders. You have a great point, "it all depends on what you want to achieve".

• PRO
    Ardesia Design
    6 år sedan

Very interesting poll. It is all about Dark tones now! :)

The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company thanked Ardesia Design
  • PRO
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Yes, they're very popular. Although there are other trends in the horizon =)

• PRO
    Ayegardening Ltd
    6 år sedan

Ooooh tell us more?

The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company thanked Ayegardening Ltd
  • Jonathan
    6 år sedan
    Personally I think all three work but for me it is all about the colour. I really don't like honey colours which are cottage like and this is not my taste. I like grey tones and these can be light or dark.
    My own floor has a grey quality but still has flecks of brown, red and white which is very versatile and in my opinion this colour variation is what separates real wood from all of the look-a-like products.
    The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company thanked Jonathan
  • PRO
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Hi, Ayegardening Ltd, I can't give many details but mixing elements/materials and bespoke patterns seem to be gaining some interest =)

• PRO
    Författare
    6 år sedan

" colour variation is what separates real wood from all of the look-a-like products". Jonathan, couldn't have said it better =)

• Rose Williams
    6 år sedan

I like contrast... Either go light, or go dark... or both! I think the light floor makes the room even bigger. This is kind of what I am planning. Ever since I painted the "tv wall" black, we have got so comfy I fall asleep a lot, its also great for playing space based games on the xbox as a more immersive experience. Because the husband would throw a mental strop if I lightened that wall, I'm embracing it by another dark wall and a light floor. Carpet is a no hope in light colour with my family and pets so Ive only really got one option...

The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company thanked Rose Williams
  • PRO
    Fomi Design Limited
    6 år sedan

We definitely would choose dark shade, which will complement all kinds of interiors from contemporary, modern to classic, by creating a nice contrast to the space.

The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company thanked Fomi Design Limited
  • PRO
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thank you Rose Williams and Fomi Design Limited. We agree that darker shades "will complement all kinds of interiors".

• Rose Williams
    6 år sedan

Cheers, a bit bemused if you like my plan or not though, .... but then what else do you do with a gigantic black wall lol

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.