sara_jar

What colour to paint kitchen units?

Sara Jar
6 år sedan
So last year I painted my kitchen diner a soft pink, Little Greene's Light Peachblossom to be specific, and i love it. BUT I don't love the dark brown kitchen units, and i want to paint them. The worktop is stainless steel so fairly neutral. The only idea I have so far is to paint them the same colour as the walls, as I've seen kitchens with matching unit and wall colour and they do look cool. What are people's thoughts on this? And does anyone have any other suggestions for colours? Bear in mind the adjacent living space is painted green..

Kommentarer (22)

• Sara Jar
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Another photo;
  • User
    6 år sedan
    Love the wall colour. I bet it flows nicely into the green room too. I would probably stick to a neutral off white. Im not a particular fan of grey, but it does look nice with pink.
  • PRO
    Kia Designs
    6 år sedan

Had you thought about a grey tone, perhaps Little Greene's Urbane Grey 225 or the more earthy Mono 218. Both work really well with that dusty pink tone, and the darker grey tone would really work well with the stainless steel worktop.

• Sara Jar
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    The only reason i don't want white is because the white floor tiles are quite overwhelming, if the floor tiles were darker i'd go for a shabby off white finish for sure! The greys are super interesting, you think it wouldn't be too similar to the steel? And i'm just wondering if you guys vote yay or nay for doing the same as the wall colour? Thanks!
  • Carolina
    6 år sedan

I vote nay on the cabinets same as wall colour. But that's just because... a pink kitchen... nah. Pink kitchen walls, okay. Pink kitchen cabinets, nay. Personal opinion though.

I would suggest a darker grey on the cabinets along the wall, lighter grey on the island. Table base same light grey.

Sara Jar thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    6 år sedan

Something like this?

• Sara Jar
    Författare
    6 år sedan

The dark/light grey combo is very cool thanks for that mock up!

• Carolina
    6 år sedan

Hmm... I went a bit further...

• Carolina
    6 år sedan

As suggested by A S., so you can see which look you'd prefer.

• Sara Jar
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Hmm food for thought. I have to say I'm not keen on a different colour for base and wall units, but maybe dark grey on the island units, and light on the main bit. I'll have to get samples of those greys and see.. Thx

• Jonathan
    6 år sedan
    I am also not keen on kitchen cabinets being pink because I feel it could be a little syrupy.
    If you want light I would go for a dirty white with green undertones such as F&B Old White which is actually a sophisticated green grey.
    Alternatively you could go for a blue and team it with rose gold accessories. I think F&B Lulworth blue is pretty or you could make a statement with Hague Blue.
  • A S
    6 år sedan
    Oops, meant to say island, not base... you get the idea. Thanks for the mock up Carolina.
  • Juliet Docherty
    6 år sedan

I wouldn't make the base units any lighter than they are as they work tonally. I am possibly alone in thinking it actually looks balanced as it is, but if you are going to change it I would match the base units to the window colour. The pic shows a very similar palette to yours, but maybe replace the dark brown to a charcoal colour. White and pink is very feminine. It needs the slabs of dark to balance it.

Sara Jar thanked Juliet Docherty
  • laurz84
    6 år sedan
    I think the darker units on top actually go better. I think you do need a stronger colour to ensure the pink doesn't look sickly
  • Carolina
    6 år sedan
    I like the dark units on the wall side and a light island better too.
  • Laura Thomas
    6 år sedan
    We have units and walls the same colour, but in F&B slipper satin.
    I think it depends on the colour, but in my opinion I don't think it would work in this pink, although I do love some of the pink units I've seen.

I like the greys that others have suggested, darker ones especially.
  • PRO
    Girl About The House
    6 år sedan

I agree, pink and grey are very chic

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6 år sedan

This is my favorite combination!! Dusty pink and gray

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Modern Kitchen Extension · Mer info

White looks good too
    Les reportages cuisines · Mer info

• PRO
    JUSTIN SIDNEY
    6 år sedan

Pink and White too light... go for the same pink the steal work tops will brake up the top and bottom and actually just go for it all the way !! with pink and silvers..retro diner style comes to mind..

• PRO
    JUSTIN SIDNEY
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

You can get lots of pink retro style items just now such as toasters bar stools mixers... it would be bold esp with those super white floors go for it I say !! look up retro american diners.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.