bobf216

need opinions on how to give this home a facelift

Bob Fiala
11 år sedan
I just purchased this home and this exterior needs some love. I would like to hear some opinions to make this home have some nice curb appeal.

Kommentarer (9)

• Jessica Ogg
    11 år sedan
    New windows and a new garage door. Paint the house a soft grey, or something inviting and neutral. A new front door, maybe one with a pop of color! I would also add on a front patio. Need to get the house looking up to date! Also, plant some very colorful plants under the windows and along the new way walk. This house has a lot of potential! If you can't do all that at once, I would paint the house and work on the windows and doors first and the landscaping and patio/walk ways second. Good luck with your project, I would love to see the end result!
  • Jessica Ogg
    11 år sedan
    [houzz=
    Belmont Hill Residence · Mer info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Leslieville curb appeal · Mer info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Modern Landscape · Mer info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Window Boxes and Containers · Mer info
    ]
  • PRO
    Total Design, Inc.
    11 år sedan
    You could easily add a gable roof over the entry with nice boxed columns. This would help define the front door area.
  • mpoulsom
    11 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 år sedan
    I agree with something over the front steps...you could construct a modern pergola type structure over the steps that would be nice. Any material you like, wood, metal, wood and metal mixed. Shape could even be unusual if you wanted.
    If you wanted to go towards modern, I would paint the garage section of the house on the right a different color than the rest of the house, or use a different siding material on it. Maybe do it in a charcoal gray, then doing a light gray/taupe on the main part of the house. Brightly colored door (rusty orange, apple green, yellow, turquoise) with a pergola type roof over it.

[houzz=
    Gover Lane · Mer info
    ]
    (I'm saying these things because I still don't know budget or style)
  • mpoulsom
    11 år sedan
    here's another interesting color combination for paint colors if you want something that's not so bright. but again, I'm talking to myself! ha!

[houzz=
    Judy's Warm Mid-Century Modern Ranch · Mer info
    ]
  • PRO
    DMH DESIGN
    11 år sedan
    CHS, I would suggest defining the entry space, as others have suggested. It appears that you may have the opportunity to project a roof and steps about 4-6' out from the exterior wall where the entry door is located. Any work you do, in enlarging the building footprint, I would suggest securing the blessings of the HOA and/or the local bldg. dept. prior to proceeding. 6' would allow you to create a small porch that could run L to R (per photo) from the garage wall to the other side of the window to the left of the entry door (per photo) I would use slender columns and knee braces as roof support for a shed roof framed off of the existing roof, at a lower pitch, to fit into the ranch house vernacular. I would define the driveway with some plantings and accent the garage end with an espalier, with roses or other creeping flora.
  • libradesigneye
    11 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 år sedan
    The bones for a modern look are really there - replace the screen door so the mcm lines of the entry door show through. Some of the suggestions above are headed in the cottage direction - that can be done, but with the white vinyl windows and trim here, and the charcoal roof, I'd paint the house a dark gray. Test something lighter than the roof - maybe sw software http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7074-software/ Expand the white trim around each opening, except the garage, and put the white trim on the eave and fascia line too. Then, I'd give the terracotta brick chimney a nod with a kind of a rusty front door - like sw truepenny http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6355-truepenny/

Take the garage door you have and paint it one shade deeper gray or replace with a really modern glass garage door
  • handymam
    11 år sedan
    Jessica, love the first pic! I love the front door on the house currently, and think the black and grey colors would work well. I agree with mpousom, the windows are fine. You could see the door better if the storm door was removed. But if you must have one, maybe one with nothing in the middle- totally full view.

cold harbor studio, how do you get into the garage from that driveway? Are you thinking of changing the driveway approach to the house sometime? Maybe you could show us a pic from the street?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.