nemassey

Countertop choices- help me pick!

nemassey
6 år sedan
Need help picking a countertop to go with backsplash. Cabinets will be a soft white and we have dark walnut hardwood floors. #1,2,3,4

Kommentarer (21)

• kjg3
    6 år sedan

I would say # 2.

• creative6938
    6 år sedan

We pick #4. The design is really simple and clean.

• j.s. Wood
    6 år sedan

I agree --I pick 4..subtle combo..calming together.

• kjoy1
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

I like #4:)

This one

• PRO
  • PRO
    Savvy Cabinetry Design Interiors
    6 år sedan

We suggest you put a sample of your door in its color next to all of these. It also looks like you are deciding between granite and quartz- have you thought about the difference between these materials? Also, it is imperative that you see full size slab of whatever you choose.

• User
    6 år sedan
    What about the slabs you have the samples laying on do you like any of them they seem to nice choices too.
  • PRO
    Presidio Tile & Stone
    6 år sedan

I say #3. 1, 2 and 4 are too busy for the splash in large pieces, IMO.

• acm
    6 år sedan

How many of these threads do you have going?

• kjoy1
    6 år sedan

nemassey...curious what your original countertop is...it looks quite neutral and nice. Why are you replacing?

• nemassey
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    We currently have corian countertops and a honey color cabinets. We wanted something different so painting the cabinets white and adding new countertops. Here is a photo of our current cabinet/countertop.
  • emmarene9
    6 år sedan

Seems you are fixing a problem that does not exist. Current counter top will look nice with white cabinets.

• nemassey
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Should we look for whiter countertops? I like the look of granite and quartz with a polished finish. Our corian is very scratched and is noticeable in the light coming in from the windows. I like this look in the photo.
  • bec5656
    6 år sedan
    Number 4 looks a bit like what we have in our kitchen
  • PRO
    Prairie Studio
    6 år sedan

I suggest getting a bigger sample to make sure the countertop material doesn't compete with but complements the surrounding existing materials. My preference is #2.

• kapiticoast
    6 år sedan
    In the photo #1 looks amazing. One would need to be sure the slab is consistent. #2 and #3 seem too busy. Good luck.
  • kjoy1
    6 år sedan

Just an FYI...the order of your pictures was different depending on if I looked at your thread on my phone vs my computer...hmm.

• PRO
    Presidio Tile & Stone
    6 år sedan

For me, #1 is a granite sample. Looks like Astoria Ivory or Ivory Fantasy. Those have far too much variation and movement going on in full slabs. I would stay away from that one.

• smitrovich
    6 år sedan

You have a lot of pattern on the backsplash, so the counter needs to be solid, not patterned (as some of your options are). For that reason, #1 and #4 are out.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Since your backsplash will be taking center stage, I'd prefer to see a more subdued countertop. something without a lot of movement or colors. Going dark is fine, but maybe throw in some more choices? I prefer the two middle gray choices,,,they seem a bit on the cooler side of gray. Do they have any others that are warmer, with more brown tones?

example:

Stellar gray quartz on the left, and Hazelwood on the right

Perla white, left and Desert Bloom, right

and one more! Almond Roca and Fossil Brown:

https://www.msistone.com/quartz-collections/

The busy granites I don't like. Too much competition between it and the splash.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.