keith_james737

Stairway Re-do / New Construction

it'sALLart
6 år sedan

This is a stairway in a modular home, came as a clunky 2x4 walled in stairway, I cut that down to be an open stairway, rebuilt the cutouts with 2x4s, screws and glue.

Purchased custom glue-block 3/4" ash for the risers and treads, each one was custom cut and sanded to fit the space. Screws and glued-in wood dowels to cover, matching grain as much as possible.

We wanted a clean look and no "nosing" on the stairs. A coat of primer to even out the grain's dark areas and then a layer of gray floor paint and two coats of heavy-duty floor sealer to finish.

Sort of humorous: Had multiple go-rounds with the drywall guy who insisted it would separate from the drywall and leave cracks, but he finally did what I wanted and fit it to the shape. It's 4 years and heavy use later, no cracks. When you screw in ash on top of 2 inch pine, that thing does not move. It's the most solid part of the house. (Railing isn't the final solution, I'm getting a longer one to put on that wall.)

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    Precision Flooring
    6 år sedan

New stairway looks great! Love the color.

it'sALLart thanked Precision Flooring
  • PRO
    Architecture Plus Inc
    6 år sedan

This looks great!

it'sALLart thanked Architecture Plus Inc
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    6 år sedan

Nice!

it'sALLart thanked Mega Builders
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.