glowworm712

Need advice for my front door.

glowworm712
10 år sedan
We will be moving into this house later this week. (This photo was from the listing). I'd like to spruce up the front door and porch area. Maybe remove the wooden screen door and replace with a full glass one? I'd like some suggestions on possibly painting the door a different color that pops from the street. Thanks for any advice.

Kommentarer (12)

• PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    10 år sedan
    Steel blue or black gloss
  • PRO
    Colorado Creations
    10 år sedan
    I do enjoy the contrast of a nice navy blue door on a red home.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år sedan
    I think the white is too great a contrast with your red brick. I'd be tempted to use charcoal on the door, including glass storm door, and repaint all the trim a more creamy shade, maybe a very light taupe as shown on the house below. Paint the downspouts to fade away against the brick. Your clumpy hedges need to go. They are covering some of your good looking architectural detail on the windows. A more open and "loose" flower bed all the way across will be much prettier. I've attached one of my favorites.
    Entry Trellis and Walk · Mer info

Auto Court · Mer info

Front Porch Makeover Summer 2010 · Mer info

Front Porch Makeover Summer 2010 · Mer info
  • Karen Allen
    10 år sedan
    Oops, not shutters, the wood around and below the windows! LOL
  • glowworm712
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thank you. What about adding shutters or awnings? That was something I had considered. Maybe black shutters to match door?
  • glowworm712
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thank you all. I love this site. What exactly is a portico? Is it kind of like an awning?
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    10 år sedan
    Yes but it's an actual structure with columns
    glowworm712 thanked Rockin' Fine Finish
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    Just search for portico in the box above under the dropdown Photos to see more. Don't think I'd care for shutters since your windows are already nicely trimmed out. You just need to get rid of the shrubs so they will be exposed.
    Authentic Colonial Transformation · Mer info
    glowworm712 thanked decoenthusiaste
  • progrmer1
    10 år sedan
    Try a fiberglass bevel glass door with sidelights and/transom. Makes for a good eye catcher.
  • Barb B.
    10 år sedan
    Best bet is to replace the entire front entry with new door and glass side lights But if not : Remove the skinny little column post on either side of the door. Toss the screen door. Glass door if you must. Cover either side of the door with a heavy wide fluted trim. Paint it and all the trim and wood under the windows a taupe or light gray. Paint door a darker color. Full glass storm door trimmed in white (to match window frames). Replace light fixtures.
    Your landscape is old and overgrown. The boxwood theme is appropriate for the home style but needs updating, more color and less formal. You need a landscape architect. And probably some tree removal and replacement.
    Your entry needs to be the major focus, add plantings on outside of walk way curve to bring the eye to the front door. Add tall ceramic pots under the patio lights and wrought iron patio furniture. Paint downspouts to match brick.
    Have fun,
    BB
    glowworm712 thanked Barb B.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    Everyone has pretty much covered everything except I would be taking out those, shall we say, not so nice looking trees in the yard. Maybe plant a Japanese Maple where the one in the corner of the house is.
    glowworm712 thanked User
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.