florenceyone

Wood tiled floor or marble tiled floor for my bathroom?

Florence Yone
6 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

Would a wooden tiled floor or a marble floor be better for a toilet? Was thinking that a wooden floor would look nice, but I am concern whether are they practical in the long run? I am worried that the constant exposure of water might ruin the wood.

Kommentarer (9)

• Candice Brown
    6 år sedan
    Are u talking about tiles or wooden laminates ?
  • Florence Yone
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

@candice I'm talking about wooden tiles in general.

• PRO
    Design Source Interiors Pte Ltd
    6 år sedan

Real timber flooring would not be feasible. Too much moisture and humidity in the bathroom and especially in Singapore. If you want a wood look, go for homogeneous tiles that are of a wood design. As for marble flooring, you have to be prepared to pay higher than regular tiles. But marble flooring will look elegant depending on the type that you choose.

• PRO
    Traka Pte Ltd
    6 år sedan

Wooden tiles are safe. What is your colour scheme? Depends on what look you want - warm(brown and beige tones) and cozy(wooden tiles/jute mat tiles/pebbles) or bright(whites) or more modern(grey/white/black tones)

• Martin Moh
    6 år sedan
    I think wooden tiles for Asian bath is better. Marble is costly and is very slippery, get really cold too. Most of us here back in Malaysia don’t respect the dry and wet area concept.
  • PRO
    Stone Amperor Pte Ltd
    6 år sedan

Wood and Marble are both non-porous thus it would cause etching and corrosion. Besides that, marble are high maintenance materials as they require high maintenance. In the long run, wooden looking tiles (made of porcelain or ceramic) would be more practical. You can also consider marble looking quartz. You may check out the D & L series of iQuartz range. If you're based in Singapore you may call Stone Amperor in +65 87879029 for more information. If you're based in Malaysia you may contact AmpQuartz in +6017-7320149 for more information.

• Francisco Dy
    6 år sedan

Wood tiles are better than marble because the latter is porous and needs to be sealed regularly to avoid staining.

• PRO
    Metallic Epoxy Singapore
    4 år sedan

Perhaps Metallic Epoxy which can be customised to look like wood, or marble with a non-porous and seamless finish, making it fully waterproof and stain-proof! www.metallicepoxy.sg

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.