katekelly10

Need help with window treatments on late 1800s windows

Dwelly LLC
6 år sedan

We just moved into a 1865 brick row house with tons of original detail. There's dark stained wood trim throughout the house which I wanted to paint white, however, it's original and I've been advised to keep it. These are the bedroom windows and I was looking for some advice on what kind of window treatments to use. I was thinking of shutters on the bottom half of the window either white or try to match the wood trim. The second option, one long curtain rod that stretches the entire wall with floor to ceiling white/neutral curtains on each end. I'm looking for something that highlights the stained glass but still gives us privacy. Thank you so much for your help! PS - Sorry for the poor lighting in the photo.

Current House · Mer info

Kommentarer (6)

• PRO
    Red Door Design
    6 år sedan

I would suggest something that sits inside the window frames, so you don't block the beautiful trim and clutter the wall with fabric and a rod. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of curtain panels - but in this case you've already got a lot going on with the stained glass and trim. What about a simple cellular shade in a bottom down/top up? You could just have it cover the lower half and when you want a full view you could push the shade all the way down to the window sill. I like the visual lightness of a fabric shade instead of visually heavy shutters. On another note, would it work to paint the casing white but leave the window interior (the functioning part) wood? That might help brighten up the space without compromising the window.

• KK Johnson
    6 år sedan

I would actually recommend shutters but I know they can be pricey; half window shutters might work well so you are not covering up the stained glass...If you have to do curtains hang them directly from the ceiling

• Judy Mishkin
    6 år sedan

i have curtains on a cafe rod for my second floor windows for daytime use, a blind that comes from above for nighttime privacy.

• PRO
    Dwelly LLC
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Would you have the shutters be white or match the wood trim?

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    6 år sedan

Hey There: Bottom up - top down operating minimalistic pleated blinds will work great in your situation. They will be installed inside mount and open to the top or the bottom...if you don't need them during the day, just host them to the bottom and keep the beautiful stained glass visible...

Visit us online at www.PleatedBlindsStore.com or give us a call at 619.665.9446

Good Luck on your project.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.