farah_sikotra

Kitchen colour Dilemma!!

Farah
6 år sedan
Help! I love my cashmer coloured kitchen and work top. I chose it myself but the cream tiles I don't think go with the kitchen! These tiles were chosen by the builders but I really can't stand it. I think it's becaus I find both the cashmere and the cream clash!? Can anyone tell me if they think the same and also what times would you suggest. Also what colour would look good as paint.

Does anyone also know if taking the tiles off the wall is a big job or not?

Thanks!!

Kommentarer (11)

• Christine Naylor
    6 år sedan
    Hi, Not a professional but would image taking tiles of not to difficult. I would go for a coloured glass splash back, a nice pop of colour, how about orange, then add a few accessories. And, nice kitchen by the way. Chris
  • Elizabeth Falle
    6 år sedan
    I think white tiles of some kind would go very well with cashmere. The contrast of white and cashmere would go very well on my opinion.
  • Daisy England
    6 år sedan
    I don't think it's bad. I wouldn't change it. To take the tiles off the wall will probably take some of the plaster off so if you're not going to add different tiles then you might need to level off the plaster.
  • A S
    6 år sedan
    Hi,

I think the slightly off colour is due to the variation in colour tone between the tiles and units.

The tiles look to have a yellow-y, cool undertone whilst the cabinets have a warmer undertone on my device.

I'd recommend a glass splashback in a colour of your choice to not only break apart the brown tones but add a splash of colour.

We have a cashemere kitchen- we choose a wood effect worktop and also used this as a splashback to break down the handlebars gloss cabinets.
  • Juliet Docherty
    6 år sedan

Some more close up pictures would really help. The wall colour doesn't work and the tiles unfortunately look too yellow. If you love the unit colour then change the tiles, it shouldn't be too big a job.I think it needs something punchy like patterned graphic tiles in a dark tone, possibly grey/white to tie it together. If you look at these images, the dark tones seem to work.

Cashmere kitchen island · Mer info

Coghlan · Mer info

Galleri · Mer info

• PRO
    Kerry Holden Interiors
    6 år sedan

Not being able to see all of the room and because the tiles, walls, units and worktop are all very similar in colour/tone, the tiles or splashback could be darker/richer in colour or with a coloured pattern. Tie in the wall colour to the tiles/splashback, for example, a mid grey tile/splashback and then paint the walls in a darker tone of grey or you could have for example blue and white coloured tiles and the walls in the same or a similar tone to the blue in the tiles. Decide what colours you like and go for tiles and wall paint with that colour. Just make sure you steer clear of pastel colours as the units and worktop are pale. You could then add accessories in a bright colour (if you opt for grey walls, with your grey flooring, orange would work very well) or again pick out the colour from your tiles/splashback/walls!

• Farah
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Hi guys thanks for the comments I was thinking about a colour like this for the wall. Does anyone think it goes with the kitchen? The colour of my kitchen is exactly like this one too for those who asked for a close up of it. Your thoughts on the colour and any suggestions would be appreciated!
  • A S
    6 år sedan
    I don't think it's the wall colour which is the problem, rather the yellow tone of the tiles which clashes with the warmth of cashmere.

That is one of the pictures we used as inspiration when deciding feature wall colours for our cashmere kitchen but didn't take the bold move. We are now looking at a deep, warm purple to compliment the cashmere for our feature wall which is currently a dark taupe.

The colour sits well with the units but will only bring out the yellowness in the tiles. I really do think they should be replaced with a similar coloured tile/light grey tile or a natural coloured glass splashback (or if you wish a bold colour).
  • Farah
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Hi Nortin granite and tile. In theory I love your idea but have u go any pictures as examples? Thank to in advance!
  • PRO
    User
    6 år sedan

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.