manisha22kapoor

Wall colours for my New Kitchen

Pearlyshine
6 år sedan
I am decorating my Kitchen in our new extension and need some advice what wall colour will go well with kitchen units. I need to decide about the paint before my kitchen is installed will appreciate all the ideas.

Please find the pics attached for further clarity.
The island is going to partridge grey and all units porcelain white. All worktops will going to karara white.

Further down pics of our open plan kitchen diner , have been installed with anthracite grey bifold doors and windows.

Kommentarer (18)

• Juliet Docherty
    6 år sedan

What will the flooring be?

• A S
    6 år sedan
    Will you be having a splashback of some sort or simply an upstand??

The simple suggestion would be a light grey in a similar tone to the island with a feature wall, maybe, to add interest.
  • Alisha
    6 år sedan
    Light grey
  • Juliet Docherty
    6 år sedan

A picture of the flooring next to the other items would really help. Due to the huge expanse of flooring, it needs to be a really important part of how you choose a wall colour. The third picture suggests that a deep tone would work, certainly on the bifold door wall.

• Pearlyshine
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanks for your reply colorhappy and AS, flooring is going to be engineered wood attaching the pic , would welcome the ideas for feature wall as well.
  • Pearlyshine
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Attaching the pic of flooring again , looks like it didn't attach first time
  • PRO
    Humber Architecture
    6 år sedan

A very light off white grey will add some warmth to the room and work well with you proposed finishes. You may want to think about adding a splash of colour in the upstand, area rugs or window dressings. Also think about your cupboard handles for example using a copper effect instead of brushed nickel can completely change the look of your kitchen.

WB Lofts · Mer info

Pearlyshine thanked Humber Architecture
  • PRO
    Schmidt Kitchens Loughton
    6 år sedan

Looks like you have a lot of natural light in the area already which is great and opens up the possibilities. I would agree with Pavilion Architecture that a light grey would work nicely with the combination of finishes you have going on. Something we really like also is to match both the skirting and the coving (if you are having any) with the wall colour as well.

Regards Schmidt Loughton

Pearlyshine thanked Schmidt Kitchens Loughton
  • Pearlyshine
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanks for some interesting ideas , I think I will go with light grey, will come with some names of paints once I go around the shops . Also, we were thinking of having the upstand similar to worktops I.e. White Karara quartz . Any recommendation for the feature wall colour ?
  • Pearlyshine
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Yes , there is plenty of light as we have got South facing garden.
  • Juliet Docherty
    6 år sedan

I like the bold tone of this room as an all over colour, which also has a white kitchen:

Holzbungalow · Mer info

I love the two contrasting colours/tones of this room:

RELAX TRA GLI ULIVI · Mer info

and I like the really dark tone of this one wall in this kitchen:

Liebhaver lejlighed i hjertet af stræderne · Mer info

Pearlyshine thanked Juliet Docherty
  • Pearlyshine
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Colourtherapy thanks for attaching the pics , I think I can go for the bold colour as one of the feature wall (A very dark grey as in second pic ).
  • Danielle H
    6 år sedan

I have a white kitchen with white worktops and went for Dulux Perfectly Taupe on the walls. I then did a feature wall in blackboard paint. Comes in very handy!

• Pearlyshine
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    That's a lovely idea Danielle , would it be possible for you to share the pic of your Kitchen.
  • Pearlyshine
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanks for sharing the pics. That looks stunning ! Actually whole theme works very well I can see how the black wall is coordinating so well with your pendant lights and sofa.Taupe is going really nice with white units, will get the tester sample on the weekend to try on the walls.
  • User
    6 år sedan
    Dulux Heritage have some nice colours. Our kitchen layout and colour is similar. We went with Turtledove Grey in the kitchen and throughout the whole house, with Pewter Plate on some feature walls.
    Pearlyshine thanked User
  • Pearlyshine
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Just to add little bit more detail, attaching two more pics to show where the kitchen units going in our open plan kitchen-diner.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.