tracy_christmas

Help with curtains/blinds for a difficult, dorma style bedroom window

Lisa C
6 år sedan

Hello, I would love some suggestions on how to hang curtains at my bedroom window. Ideally I would love to put a white wooden venetian blind at the window (I have these in other rooms) as the room is overlooked and needs something to provide privacy during the day (I am not a fan of net or voile curtains).

Then I have some lovely fairly heavy velvet blackout curtains (137cm long) that I would like to hang in front of the blind - the bedroom is bright, so I need blackout lining and it is also over a shared carport, so my curtains would also help with noise reduction! I don't want to hang the curtains in the recess, as when they are opened during the day, this would cut out most of the light.

The window recess measures 157 cm x 115 cm. The ceiling above the window is sloped, so I don't think I can put a curtain track or pole on that. The walls at each side of the window are 5 cm lower the top of the recess. I wondered if anyone had found a track/brackets that could get around this type of window. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kommentarer (2)

• PRO
    Kerry Bryan Interiors
    6 år sedan

Hi Lisa,

I completely understand your dilemma, I'm moving house soon and have exactly the same type of window as you. My suggestion would be to have a Voile roller blind, as I know that you said you don't like Voile curtains. This would be a great way of keeping your privacy in the room, whilst still allowing plenty of light into your room. I'd then pair this with Dorma Window Curtain Poles (the would be to the side of the recess rather than within). I've attached images of both of my suggestions below. This may be one of the better options if you're looking at trying not to lose too much light from your room.

I hope my suggestions help, let me know!

Kerry

Voile Blind

Dorma Curtain rods

• PRO
    Schmidt Kitchens Loughton
    6 år sedan

Hi Lisa.

Have you thought about a bespoke solution?

Depends on budget, but these wooden shutter blinds are fantastic and can usually be fitted inside the window so no problem with the ceiling above.

Hope this has been helpful to you.

Kind Regards Schmidt Kitchens Loughton

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.