vandana_bloomfield

Kitchen - adding colour

Hi, our new kitchen is very grey/white and I'd like to introduce some colour but nothing too 'in your face', in the form of tiles, splashback or painting one or two walls. Any ideas please? Thanks

Kommentarer (6)

• PRO
    Gail Race Interior Design
    6 år sedan

I'm not a great lover of fabric in the kitchen but looks like you have good ventilation, some tidy roman blinds above the windows, set high so as not to block any light would help the room feel more finished. The oak floor is lovely, I would consider a flatware runner too, to offer some protection but mainly to add some 'warmth'. Look to your garden view when you are considering colours for your room, it helps keep a sense of connectivity between inside and out. Perhaps neural materials, linen and sisal type to add texture, with colour as border/trim to tie the room together.

• PRO
    Hillarys
    6 år sedan

Hiya,

What a gorgeous space - you must be so pleased. As others have suggested, what about adding colour with blinds? As you mention not wanting to be too 'in your face' it's a great low-commitment way to bring colour into a room. What about Roller blinds? Or even Pleated blinds? They both fold up really small so you can enjoy an unadulterated view of your garden when you wish, and enjoy privacy and light control at other times.

Kitchen blinds and interiors · Mer info

Kitchen blinds and interiors · Mer info

Best of luck,

Zoe

• PRO
    Kluk Construction Ltd
    6 år sedan

Hi, some colour on splash back would be good.

• honeypoppet
    6 år sedan

Hi,

Maybe this room would benefit from adding texture rather than colour? If you sourced some wood effect tiles that would add an extra layer of texture and also bring warmth into the room (plus it's easier to clean than real wood) Alternatively a brick or rustic effect tile would work too if you prefer that kind of thing.

See below some pics I mocked up quickly to show you the idea (excuse the rather crude photoshopping!)

Hope this helps!

• PRO
    Harwood Homes
    6 år sedan

There is some beautiful voile fabrics on the market now with a touch of colour or even with a touch of metallic which are subtle but still let the light in if made into roman blinds and then you could add some coordinating accessories such as new fruit bowls, kitchen electricals are in lots of interesting finishes now too!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.