kathrynhill1

Bathroom design ideas

kathrynhill1
6 år sedan
We're replacing our bathroom and I'm really struggling with choosing tiles. I've attached a photo and would love some inspiration!

We like:
Natural materials (I.e. wood, stone) - not too industrial
Fairly clean lines (although a patterned floor could be possible)
Something practical (was originally thinking white metro, but am not moving towards less grout/ easy to clean).

Any ideas/ advice would be most welcome. We don't have a huge budget (sadly Fired Earth is probably too expensive) but will equally spend more money on something nice.

Kommentarer (9)

• Juliet Docherty
    6 år sedan

Hi Kathryn, as it is small I would consider tiling the floor with lovely patterned tiles and tiling the wall areas with large format plainer matt tiles and matching the wall colour exactly with the wall tiles. This would make the space look large and unfussy. I have recently done 3 bathrooms and have used patterned tiles in two and they get so many compliments. Very practical and forgiving too. These images don't relate directly to what you may want but do show the beauty of a statement floor with understated walls.

Cabin in the woods in Ireland · Mer info

9 Flats Low Cost renovation · Mer info

• PRO
    FifteenFifteen
    6 år sedan

Hi Kathryn,

You could go for black geometric tiles (or monochrome combo) on the floor and couple it with marble tiles on the walls and the bath panels as your bathroom suite is quite traditional. Alternatively, you could use wood effect tiles on the floor and warm greys/browns or marble on the walls (Topps Tiles have a good selection at reasonable prices ). Something along these lines...clean, fresh and chic.

Best wishes,

Natalia

• kathrynhill1
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thank you for these comments! I was thinking of Matt tiles and like the combination of them with a patterned floor.
  • Juliet Docherty
    6 år sedan

Have a look at Porcelanosa concrete look tiles but only when they have a sale on (twice a year).

• PRO
    Marina Drobot at Cinnamon Space
    6 år sedan
    Encaustic cement Moroccan tiles come in many colours and patterns
  • PRO
    Ashton Bathrooms & Ashton Furnishing
    6 år sedan

Maybe you could try the Metro Tiles but with a grey or black grout. We recently did a customers bathroom with them and it looked great. British Ceramic Tile do some lovely tiles and they give you plenty of advice on their website. We are an official Stockist and have a large selection of their tiles on display. If you live locally you can visit us.

• PRO
    Topps Tiles
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Hi Kathryn,

An elongated metro tile, such as our Diamante range, will give a similar effect as the metro tiles but with less grout lines and help to create the illusion of a more spacious room. Dark grout lines can also look really striking and are much easier to clean.

Diamante - http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/range411/page1/diamante.html 

Metro with dark grout - http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/range16/page1/Metro-Tiles.html

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.