stafader

Finishing touches for my bedroom

Pista Chio
6 år sedan
Hi Houzzers, I'm looking for the finishing touches to my bedroom. It's monochrome and I love it but it needs something to lift and bring all the different bits together. Some kind of art or mirrors? Any suggestions?

Kommentarer (14)

• Juliet Docherty
    6 år sedan

Is painting the wall behind the bed a possibility? Your bedroom ideas book features quite a few rooms with either a huge statement headboard dark walls. Farrow and Ball Downpipe would look very good with the rich wooden cupboards

• shazadi
    6 år sedan
    Hi. I think your room looks great. I would say the only potential finishing touch could be a big piece of art above your head board as someone has mentioned. If you like abstract art you could get something like a Jackson Pollock style painting with a bit of yellow in. Goes great with grey and then have a mustard throw on the end of your bed. I love your cupboards. Where did they come from? Good luck !
  • PRO
    London Dream Building
    6 år sedan

Hello,

I also think your room look great.

I would agree with the suggestion you need some piece of art. I wouldn't go for gold any shiny ornaments in such a minimalistic environment.

• honeypoppet
    6 år sedan

This mirror would look great above your bed - I believe it's about £300 from Dunelm?

• Diminishing Returns
    6 år sedan
    The room looks really good already- I would be tempted to keep the understated theme going with a textured slightly metallic wallpaper behind the bed as the painted wall maybe looks a but flat and the extra texture and light would be nice against the dark fabric headboard (example below)
  • PRO
    Guru Mattress
    6 år sedan

We're all for a statement bedside lamp. Something with a vintage-esque yellow lampshade would take your room to the next level! Potentially an Abigail Ahern lamp creation?

• PRO
    Collingwood Batchellor
    6 år sedan

I agree with a lot of the previous comments. I think some artwork over the headboard would help to add a bit of colour to the room - maybe with some yellow thrown in there. But in terms of lighting, you might want to think about a wall mirror by the wardrobe if there's space (a little hard to tell). This would help reflect the natural light coming into the room.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Nice bedroom! I like colour scheme too. Here is wallpaper behind the headboard and bigger lamps.

• PRO
    6 år sedan

Your lamps are too small. Get a taller ones. You also can put mirrors behind lamps.

• PRO
    6 år sedan

Black and white photos

• PRO
    6 år sedan

You can pick colours from your art for the pillows.

• PRO
    MERRICK DESIGNS
    6 år sedan

I like the room as is. I think headboard is too high for addition of art. Slightly higher lamps might have worked better with the headboard etc but i am guessing you selected these lamps as you like the quirkiness of them. Right now I think additions around bed area is not required. I would think about zen style art to wall facing your bed. You don't show this wall in pics but I am guessing it is blank. Put the art here and your room is complete. Good luck

• Diminishing Returns
    6 år sedan
    Found a picture of wallpaper idea (doesn't have to be gold)
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.