jill4feet

Need help picking light and rug for dining room table

Jill
6 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

Please help - What light and what rug will work best for this dining room table that i got as a hand me down? (right now it's as my office in a conference room) but...taking it home and my walls are revere pewter not blue or beige. I cannot keep the rug because it pills up with fur balls when you walk on it alot.

This is the room where the dining set will be going. The right side wall with the tv is no longer there as we joined 2 townhouses and opened the walls so that wall isn't there any longer. This tan colored couches will be sold and living room / tv room is really to the right and this will be the dining room. The blueish ceiling with wallpaper will be staying.

Kommentarer (33)

• Irene Morresey
    6 år sedan
    I'm a bit confused with your living room, your light fitting seems very modern, yet your furniture is more traditional. The table is so unusual, a real eye catcher, I like the rug in pic from Wayfair, probably wouldn't fit in with area rug in living room, then you would need to go with a block pale one under table. With your light fixture, I'd just go with a glass light fitting perhaps. Definitely think the light fitting is throwing me
  • Irene Morresey
    6 år sedan
    Ok, just read your posting again, makes things a bit clearer.
  • Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Hi Irene...thank you for you help so far. I'm sorry it was confusing...i was just showing a picture of the living room because that furniture is leaving, the rug is leaving and i'm moving the 3 circles of lights because i'll put them in room next to dining room, the new family room i think. That room of the living room is now going to be the dining room with that dining table. I only showed a picture of that living room so people could see the tray ceiling and wall color but we broke thru the walls to join the 2 townhouses so now the living room and dining room will be open concept and next to each other.

• PRO
  • PRO
  • groveraxle
    6 år sedan

Sell the dining set along with the tan couches and start over. I can't imagine anyone would want to eat at that thing.

• Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Jodie - I'm loving that rug and lights. Where do i get those from? But, i'm hoping those lights will coordinate with the other lights i have in sight. I'm pretty sure they will. Thank you so incredibly much for putting those pictures together like that for me. I really really appreciate it.

• picturebug
    6 år sedan

I agree with groveraxle on the table: it's unique but not very user friendly for anything. But if you're set on keeping it I do like Jodie White's Design.

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    6 år sedan

I searched and it is difficult to find the right look and unfortunately it is pricey but good quality and perfect

• Melissa Gallagher
    6 år sedan
    I would not keep the table just because it's free. It's not attractive in any way.
  • Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan

My husband and I really like the table for now. We think it's attractive.

• Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Jodie - where did you find those lights you thought might look nice?

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    6 år sedan

The table looks very Miami and what a conversation piece.

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    6 år sedan

There is a small and large available in this style.
    What are the measurements of the space and table to ensure the right scale. Are you on the water as this is why I chose the shell chandelier?The second one is from a vendor I met at High Point Market last year. Feel free to contact me regarding if you are interested but hopefully there is something in your area to replicate.

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    6 år sedan

Ceiling height as well. Photo closer of ceiling in wallpaper.

• Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Jodie - I'll have to get a closer picture of the wallpaper on the ceiling tonight when i get home from work. It's a grass cloth type i think it's called. The ceiling height in the middle of the tray is 10 foot i think. If it helps the drapes are 108's but i can measure for sure tonight. Yes. the townhouse is on the water. The rest of the house is contemporary / transitional.

• PRO
    DecorReform
    6 år sedan
    Hey Jill - I think that if you and your husband like the table then you are right to stick with it. Use what you have and work with it, not against it. I, personally, love the table and actually think you can do a lot with it!

With the right additions, as Jody White suggested beautifully, it will all come together! Another suggestion I have, just to emphasize the uniqueness of the table and also add some definition to it (as from far away it is hard to tell it’s even multi-level and such) is add some place settings and charger plates along with some decor pieces such as vases at the top level. I’ve attached some charger plate options that go with the fixture Jody White suggested and you seem to like along with some options for place settings. Of course you can personalize these settings to your liking. It’s more for the idea as oppose to the actual look. Hope his helps. Good luck!
    Jill thanked DecorReform
  • Melissa Gallagher
    6 år sedan
    This table reminds me of a display table used in a jewelry department at like Macy's or something. Are you sure this is really to eat off of?
  • PRO
    BEVOLO GAS & ELECTRIC LIGHTS
    6 år sedan

Hi Jill,

In addition to hand-building copper and iron chandeliers, Bevolo also sells some vintage/new lighting pieces. We also offer a complementary design service and
    can scale out the proper size fixtures for your rooms, based on your ceiling heights/table dimensions. Let us know if we can help you at all.

Do you like the Moneteleone chandelier? That would be stunning with the blue ceiling!

Happy decorating! -Lindsey

• Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Yes....the Moneteleone chandelier looks nice also. What's the approximate cost?

My biggest challenge also with lighting will be making the new lights i choose cohesive with the ones i already have. We combined 2 townhouses into 1. One house was already redone contemporary / transitional and the other house will be painted to match but the light fixtures it has were mediterranean / old world and all have to be removed and changed out. So, i need about 6 more lights.

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    6 år sedan

Photos of the existing would be helpful.

• Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan

I found more pictures in my phone and labeled things, yay. Help!

• woodteam5
    6 år sedan

Your table is odd and I kind of like it

I picture fun dinner parties with many hors d'oeuvres on clear servers on the upper part and guests picking what they like and bringing them down to their plate on the lower parts. Fun! I'll bring the wine

• hummingalong2
    6 år sedan
    It's a very unusual dining table..not too conversation friendly with the top piece pretty much at eye level...
  • PRO
    BEVOLO GAS & ELECTRIC LIGHTS
    6 år sedan

Hi Jill,

The costs for our larger Monteleone chandelier is $3500.

You are more than welcome to send us photos of the spaces with all ceiling/table dimensions; and we can always scale out the proper sizes and give you comprehensive proposal. Feel free to email us at gaslights@bevolo.com

Thanks for the interest!

• PRO
    Seldens Furniture
    6 år sedan

I agree with the posts about picking a mire modern fixture as your table has that feel too. This would look great with your table. Good luck on your project!

Jill thanked Seldens Furniture
  • Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Where do you get this light?

• PRO
    Seldens Furniture
    6 år sedan

Hi Jill,

It's available here on Houzz. I've pasted the link below for you. It is product ID 5643036

[Lighting Fixture
    [(https://www.houzz.com/products/robert-abbey-jonathan-adler-havana-chandelier-prvw-vr~5643036)

• Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan

It's a nice light. I'm concerned that i have 2 other lights that are white in sight of each other so i'm not sure a 3rd light which is white will be cohesive?

• PRO
    Seldens Furniture
    6 år sedan

I love the way this light pairs with the fixture you currently have above your sectional. They look like they belong together without being overly matchey-matchey. Also, side note I like the look of your sectional too. It has the same modern feel as your new dining table.

The fixture you currently have over your smaller table is more of a traditional shape, so it will be harder to match with your more modern furniture and fixtures. Is that fixture also in your plans to be switched out? If so, even a simple drum shade could work there.

[Drum Shade[(https://www.houzz.com/products/robert-abbey-elena-medium-pendant-bone-prvw-vr~5642117)

• Jill
    Författare
    6 år sedan

I'm not able to keep the leather sectional in as it's electric and when we opened the walls to join the townhouses the living room is going on the other side and therefore the sectional won't be against a wall to plug in and i wouldn't want to see wires on the floor so we're going to sell that one. The lights i'm keeping in the pictures are: the one over the kitchen island, the white leather swarovski crystal one and the white one with 3 rings.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.