georgia_lindsay

Help on identifying this plant!

Georgia Lindsay
6 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

I always keep my plant tags to go back and check if I'm caring for them correctly. I've lost the one for this plant and have no idea of its name. The leaves are turning a bit brown so need to research its requirements soon!

Kommentarer (13)

• annb1997
    6 år sedan

I'm sorry I don't know, but it's really pretty. I look forward to learning what it is too. Looks great in the old tea kettle.

• PRO
    Crystal Amesbury Creative
    6 år sedan
    I think this is a rubber plant! Try ‘Doescheri’ and hopefully some care instructions come up :)
  • Gallifrey
    6 år sedan

Some type of Cordyline I think??

• Kathi Keegan Chang
    6 år sedan

Looks like Vinca family. I have them and they are lovely and flowing in the sun all summer... but... they want to be outside or in a very sunny area. I brought mine in, and they are annuals, not perennials, I believe.

• annb1997
    6 år sedan

It does look very similar to a Vinca plant. But has it flowered at all, or is this a new plant you just got? The Vinca has a trailing habit and flowers so unsure whether that's what your's is. If it is, certainly will need full sun as Kathi indicated. You could take it to a nursery and ask, but please let u see know what you find out!

• siriuskey
    6 år sedan

It's a variegated something, your local nursery is your best bet

• Kathi Keegan Chang
    6 år sedan

Just found it online! It's "Wojo's Jem" vinca vine, so I was right, considering there are tons of different type vincas. I love mine, with only 2 tone greens, no other color. Very tough and durable during sunny summertime. I tried to bring it in for winter, but without tons of daily sun, they give up.

• annb1997
    6 år sedan

Yay! Does yours flower?

• Georgia Lindsay
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanks so much everyone for your help!! I've had no flowers yet but I only purchased it about a month ago
  • Kathi Keegan Chang
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

This type of Vinca that I have had for years on my summer deck, does not 1) flower at all, but their lovely trail of leaves from the pot all summer are beautiful, and 2) survive beyond summertime. Instead even when I brought that plant and a trailing succulent inside for winter in N.E., both seem to get sparce while dying,OR they are simply shedding. Both plants crave sunshine, and get little to survive in my home.

Update: Will do lousy inside for winter.. theyare meant to have tons of sun, but none for it inside. :-(

• annb1997
    6 år sedan

Thanks, Georgia! So kind of you.

• liz
    6 år sedan

Hey guys, there is a group on facebook who do just this - identify plants.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.