melissa_jane43

How to make a wardrobe island

Melissa Jane
6 år sedan

I am wanting to make or have made not too expensively, a closet island. So basically a stand alone unit with glass top, to place in my new wardrobe to display a mirror and jewellery on, as well as storage. I have found an Ikea hack, but it really isn't very nice. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to go about it fairly cheaply, or perhaps have someone in the Gold Coast area (post code 4215) who may make these ? Picture below of what I mean.

Kommentarer (2)

• PRO
    Crystal Amesbury Creative
    6 år sedan

Would love to see the IKEA hack you've seen previously?

A budget conscious way to replicate something like this would be to purchase two matching chest of drawers, pair them back to back, and then having a large single custom piece of bevelled glass that sits on top of them (maybe with some felt underneath so it doesn't slide around) then you could further customise by changing handles, pop an ottoman on the side (if the pic is what you're replicating) and you'll pretty much be there.

It's when you start wanting a full integrated look (like the picture, showing custom bench and even skirting at the base) where it starts to add up - but anyone who does kitchens and joinery could knock this up, I'd recommend drawing up your ideal dimensions and start comparing quotes!

• Melissa Jane
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thanks Crystal, I will try and have a god myself. Your idea sounds best. I sent for quotes but they came in at $3500 !! I don't want custom as such, so will have a go. Thank you. The Ikea one was on Pinterest under "IKEA hack wardrobe island". Thank you

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.