jenny_lanaghan

Where shall I put my wood burning stove?

jenny_lanaghan
6 år sedan

We are getting new windows and French doors into garden with floor to ceiling windows either side of French doors. Existing fireplace is too small so we are moving stove to one of the far corners of room but can't decide which corner. Aesthetically the tall corner would look better but then TV would be facing window rather than seating area. I don't want to place furniture in front of French doors. We will be getting new sofa/seating eventually but not yet. I'm loath to arrange room around a to but practically that's what we use the room. All advice welcome

Kommentarer (6)

• PRO
    User
    6 år sedan

Jenny, would love to help, but the description needs reading through. Where is the fireplace? What is a Tall corner? Have you got actual room dimensions and note on them where the fireplace is and all windows and doors.

Also, what is above the room, as this will dictate pretty much where you can put a stove unless you are planning on having a new Chimney or Flue through a different external wall. In which case, you would also need to note on the plan, which walls are external.

• jenny_lanaghan
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    This is a living room. The existing fireplace is being removed. The stove will have a flu going straight up through the ceiling. It is a bungalow and by tall corner I mean the corner with the higher ceiling as the ceiling is angled. the walls without windows are internal but solid walls
  • jenny_lanaghan
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    room is 6.3m long and 4 m wide
  • PRO
    Robert Way - One of the Great British Designers
    6 år sedan

On first glance but without better information, it seems the burner should go where the TV currently is placed.

Things to note......You may find it worth while looking into

pellet stoves; The minimum height for the flue will be 4m and must play onto a window area.

With more information I can give more practical information and further details on the benefit of pellet stoves.

• jenny_lanaghan
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thank you very much for those pictures. It really helps to visualise it and I'm rubbish with computers. I don't want to block that window as technically that's the front of the house facing the road. I like the stove in the right corner as then you will see it lit from the outside too

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.