us42586

Apartment with green carpeting and it's brand spanning new

Christine Smith
6 år sedan
My daughter's new apartment has brand new green carpeting like as just installed. Why oh why is it green! Anyways, she is buying all new furniture on a budget and we are stumped as to colors realizing that carpet must stay and just work with it. I think the walls are more beige.

She has picked out several items that I think may work. Mid century modern design. Sofa with writing desk behind it and chair. Coffee table in same warm wood. Any more ideas? I don't have more pics of the space yet.

Kommentarer (23)

• Geneviève
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

is that carpet turf green or is it teal ? The sofa is nice but I don't think that the chair will work ,look for white chairs like in this idea photo , [houzz=https://www.houzz.com/photos/beaches-transitional-living-room-toronto-phvw-vp~2873478]

Christine Smith thanked Geneviève
  • Christine Smith
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Here's another view of carpet. I think it's turf green.

• Brenda Waggoner
    6 år sedan
    Mercy, that is really green. Yuck.
  • Christine Smith
    Författare
    6 år sedan

And the landlord just replaced it!! I can't believe they even sell this anymore.

• Brenda Waggoner
    6 år sedan
    Was a man, right? Haha. Good price, I’ll take it.
  • Carol Mullane
    6 år sedan
    I think a chair like this would work...has the mid century vibe and looks way more comfortable.
  • suzyq53
    6 år sedan

We looked at a rental house that had the same brand new carpet everywhere. When the rental agent followed up on why we didn't rent it, he was shocked that we didn't like the carpet color. lol

You can get some inexpensive area rugs to cover some of this up. It won't be so bad once the furniture is in. I would just buy neutral furniture and ignore the green. You can find some great gently used items at consignment shops.

• Christine Smith
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Saw a chair like this as well which would work. She wanted to use the other chair by the desk since she works from home a lot. Would white be better?

• Christine Smith
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Should wood pieces be white or can a wood tone be introduced, and if so, what kind? Will also need some sort of tv console.

• PRO
    DecorReform
    6 år sedan
    Btw - I meant to add in GOOD LUCK!! I am sure it will turn out beautiful
  • PRO
    Cancos Tile & Stone
    6 år sedan

You definitely have a lot of cute things you could

do to keep this space warm and inviting two of these

lights keep the sofa.

Side table beside the sofa (qty 1.)

Tall lamps (QTY 1.)
    TV stand
    Flower pots (qty 2.)

side table (qty.1)

(keep the chair in the grey)

a little personality the rug is ok try to find some frames along with these images that has a little of green in them even the flowers with the flower pot add flowers with color and green leaves it will make a big deal

• bec5656
    6 år sedan
    We had the same carpet when we bought our house and kept it for years ...waiting for pets to die ☹️ to replace it. If it makes you feel better...it really did not show dirt at all, looked almost new the day we ripped it out!
  • Christine Smith
    Författare
    6 år sedan

I'm guessing this is why the landlord replaced the living room green carpet with more green carpet. The bedrooms are green as well. Glad my daughter likes nature!

• Geneviève
    6 år sedan

oh boy!! it feels like the great outdoor , you can add more colours in the decor or if you can spend more money purchase a rug to put over it . The grey sofa will look great and so is the table , pillows with large flowers will feel right at home.

[houzz=[https://www.houzz.com/products/pillow-decor-eiffel-tower-in-spring-tapestry-throw-pillow-prvw-vr~7462914[(https://www.houzz.com/products/pillow-decor-eiffel-tower-in-spring-tapestry-throw-pillow-prvw-vr~7462914)]

[houzz=https://www.houzz.com/photos/kips-bay-showhouse-contemporary-living-room-new-york-phvw-vp~96496]

• Geneviève
    6 år sedan
  • Andrea
    6 år sedan
    You mentioned that she was on a budget. The new IKEA catalogue has lots of green. This may help for inspiration on coordinating wood tones etc.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, post just disappeared.
  • kulrn
    6 år sedan

Tough color to work with! Good luck!

• MarleneM
    6 år sedan
    On my iPad the carpet looks like it does have a fair amount of blue in it, like a deep sea green. I went on Benjamin Moore’s site and picked a colour I thought resembled it, and the other options below are their recommended coordinated colours.
    I think it’s always better to try to work with what you rather than trying to disguise it. Try to make it look like an intentional choice by adding in more green in a few accessories. I’ve included a houzz photo showing how this was done. I would probably avoid any wood tones with either a red or orange undertone.
    Pacific Heights Family Home · Mer info
  • katinparadise
    6 år sedan

All these rooms have similar colors and use warm mid tone woods. You'll need some warmth to compete with the cool walls and floors.

• studio10001
    6 år sedan

I love the choices your daughter has made so far, and am in absolute agreement to make the green an inclusive design element. Add some classic seventies plant styles, some brass elements to echo the caramel leather, a standing(arc would be great) lamp for the sofa, and just a pinch of green in your accessories - it doesn't need to match the carpet shade, and if you find some teal or navy patterns, it may help to pull more blue from the carpet. No rug on top of the carpet -throw pillows, if she likes, but no rug. This is going to be jewel box when you are done!

• studio10001
    6 år sedan

I googled caramel, navy and green and found your palette card :

Christine Smith thanked studio10001
  • Najeebah
    6 år sedan
    get a huge area rug. really huge, probably light brown, leave as little green visible as possible. Try machine washable/outdoor ones, you already have a soft surface so it can be a thin rug. greys could easily show up as green tinged. you need other colours to play down the green. a lot of white with red undertones. wood. copper. orange. Some purples.
    Christine Smith thanked Najeebah
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.