ppeters20

Living Room Decorating Ideas Needed

Paula Emmett
6 år sedan

I am looking for ideas to help decorate a large living room space that has tall ceilings and large windows. Perfer warm colors.

Kommentarer (16)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    6 år sedan

Do an image search here on Houzz for Traditional or Transitional Living Rooms. You'll get a ton of ideas.

Paula Emmett thanked Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • PRO
    Niche Interiors
    6 år sedan

It'd be great to do art over the fireplace and built-in floating shelves on either side. See below for some inspiration images. Good luck!

Paula Emmett thanked Niche Interiors
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 år sedan

some other ideas for furniture layout, and things you can do to enhance the cabinet area. (not pictured, art over the cabs if you don't want to do any shelving)

Paula Emmett thanked Beth H. :
  • Longbranchstitch
    6 år sedan
    Looks like great space! Do you have existing furniture, rugs, lighting or artwork you want to incorporate or are you open to suggestions? Are you planning on installing the TV over the fireplace or on top of one of the cabinets?
    Paula Emmett thanked Longbranchstitch
  • Paula Emmett
    Författare
    6 år sedan

I have a black lab so am partial to warmer (terra cotta, browns, rusts, etc.) colors - but am open to all suggestions. I am thinking of placing the tv on the counter left of the fireplace and art work over the fireplace. I have a navy couch and grey couch that I could use in the space. I don't have any rugs for the living room but think the space would need a fairly large rug - but open to other ideas.

• Paula Emmett
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thanks so much for the feedback! They have given me a lot of ideas. I am really in of help with picking out a rug for the space. The wall color is "warm grey". Looking for suggestions for a large rug that will cozy up the space. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

• armchairshopper
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Start with a floorplan, drawn to scale. Also, write down your objectives: TV viewing, a table for meals or snacks, etc. It is a big room, and might be big enough for multiple purposes. That will help you to determine whether you need one super big rug or smaller rugs to delineate the various usage zones in the room.

You only have 4 rugs in your ideabook. Keep on trying.

Paula Emmett thanked armchairshopper
  • Susan Davis
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Here is a room that you might be inspired by.....mostly neutral, comfy sectional sofa, wood floors and one fun accent chair that adds warmth to mostly neutral room....it could work for this room....just place TV over one of the cabinets if you are using the room for TV viewing, other wise art work on either side of fireplace would be stunning.....if the traditional look is not you, then any style furniture will work just follow the placement of pieces.

This is nice too, same designer as in the above picture.

Paula Emmett thanked Susan Davis
  • Paula Emmett
    Författare
    6 år sedan

I'm curious how this rug would look in my living room...does anyone have any input?

• Susan Davis
    6 år sedan

Gorgeous! You have enough space that is will look relaxed and not overwhelming with color...hope it is big enough so that furniture front legs are situated on front of rug.

Paula Emmett thanked Susan Davis
  • PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    6 år sedan

We wanted to share plenty of layout designs with you from our portfolio. Note that the second image shows a sofa table just to give you other ideas as well.

Paula Emmett thanked Courtney Thomas Design
  • Paula Emmett
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Not sure if this rug would look good in the space...any comments or suggestions?

I've appreciated all the comments and suggestions so far - they have be really helpful!!

• PRO
    Linda Paul Studio
    6 år sedan

I like the rug! I am just launching my custom butterfly art that you can order in any color and size. With your neutral gray colors, and the scarlet and grey rug, you might want to add a bit of yellow in the artwork along with a spalsh of scarlet. like in this picture.

more info http://www.lindapaul.com/butterfly-wall-art-canvas-hand-painted-color.htm

Linda Paul

Paula Emmett thanked Linda Paul Studio
  • erinsean
    6 år sedan

I am glad you are putting the TV on one of the side cabinets...no, to putting it on the fireplace....too high for one thing. Will be a nice room when you get done.

Paula Emmett thanked erinsean
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.