wally_gerrie

Need your opinions on kitchen tile choice – see photos

Wally Gerrie
6 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

Kitchen almost done - what colour/type of tile do you think might look good in the backsplash area behind the red kettle? My look is natural and organic so nothing too glitzy but it still needs to pop a bit. New pendant lights and barstools also still pending so will need to blend in with the overall feel.

Kommentarer (12)

• julie herbert
    6 år sedan
    Hi Wally,
    Wow!! Your kitchen is looking amazing, looks great since removing that bar hiding sink, were you able to fix holes ok, white glass or the new kitchen approved Perspex for a splash back would look fab or stainless alloy tiles would add a tiny bit of bling, stainless stools and pendants would add a stylish look, looking great, love the bench tops.
  • Wally Gerrie
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Yes JE C that is the bare wall which we need to tile. Thanks for the comment. Julie - we probably will not be able to fix the holes left in the counter top sadly. This is why I have that runner down which works fine for now. I am loving how it opened up the kitchen. The last photo appealed to me the most as I feel it just needs a bit of warmth - maybe something coppery/bronze as I have a lot of timber in my home?

• julie herbert
    6 år sedan
    I think that splashback in a coppery /bronze colour would look beautiful, you could disguise your nail holes with an inconspicuous narrow strip of stainless either flat or slightly raised to cover the holes , you must be so happy with how your kitchen looks , I am so loving the look, gorgeous, lucky you
    Wally Gerrie thanked julie herbert
  • rose2015abc
    6 år sedan
    I spent the money on a glass splashback in silver and I love it. I got one of these pop up powerpoints from ebay and now don't have to wipe around the powerpoint on the wall. Just a quick google search and maybe something earthy like in these pics.
  • Jennifer Bradley
    6 år sedan

I like the look of the colours you have now. I'd skip tiles and go for a glass splash back, in a colour to match the top cupboards, or perhaps a light silver or mirror look. Then you have a neutral backdrop for colourful additions like your red kettle.

• PRO
    Italia Ceramics
    6 år sedan

Hi Wally,

How exciting the kitchen is coming together nicely!

I thought you might be interested in some of the tiles that I have uploaded in the following kitchens. they are a nice white, neutral colour but with a little bit of texture, it just adds that bit extra character.

If you're looking for more darker, bronze-like colours I have attached a few samples that we have in different sizes that you might be interested in too!

All the best!

• Robert Henry
    6 år sedan

Great job on the kitchen and I agree with some of the former comments - a glass splash back would look good and the silver seems a good choice. If you decide to go with tiles I would suggest a White Tile with a smattering of Black and Grey markings with the colors prominent not subdued. I wouldn't think Brown but why not experiment with a few different colors and see how they look and in conjunction with other colors until you come up with a match. Only a small area but nice to get it just right first go. Good luck

• parkinclan
    6 år sedan

We have the red kettle and red toaster visible too! We chose a white glass splashback BUT one with a subtle sparkle in it: Not too glitzy but just enough to twinkle from the warm white LED downlights under the upper cupboards.

• R D
    6 år sedan

The opposite wall (behind stove) has a lickidy-lick-pink tempered glass, so I wanted something neutral behind this side. We tried paint, but it chipped too easily, until we found these (just after grouting).

• parkinclan
    6 år sedan

Forgot to attach a photo. Can just see our white glass with sparkle splashback behind the pole (structural - and couldn't remove them in our reno). A different kitchen to yours but my philosphy is to keep it plain or white so as not to detract from your other feature which seems to be the metallic benchtops.

• annb1997
    6 år sedan

Hi. What is your benchtop material? I can't quite tell if it's S/S or one of the concrete-look engineered stones. Your timber cabinets are really lovely. Have you already selected pendants? IF so, can you describe?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.